Best guitar solo

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Slash, November rain, 3 part solo.

The greatest guitar solos aren't necessarily the hardest, fastest or most technically sophisticated. The greatest exude heart and soul and can literally make the hair on your neck and arms stand up. I love Eddie and he did some amazing things. I enjoy playing his stuff, but it's never given me that visceral, emotional reaction.

Gilmore from Floyd, slash, some of satrianis work, some of skynard, Jerry Cantrell. There's some incredibly emotion driving stuff from those guys.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to beat EVH. Beat it, eruption, damn near everything he did.

One that gets overlooked is Stone in Love by Journey. Could be it takes me back to a certain time with a certain person.

My HS years were 81-83, and at any given time on a Friday or Saturday night you could hear this song (SIL) blaring from a car/truck cruising the strip in my home town.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Too many to pick from but of course watchtower, free bird is on the list somewhere Mike Campbell had many I liked and Dire Strights with this one

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Too many to pick from but of course watchtower, free bird is on the list somewhere Mike Campbell had many I liked and Dire Strights with this one

See you’re channeling your inner Swamp Donkey / Law 98 Gator with the Dire Straits. As I recall, he was a big Knopfler fan. Quite the sultan he was!

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Lots of the older stuff has been clearly covered, so I'll add a song from the last 10 years or so that I've always been impressed with. Blackbird by Alter Bridge has long been one of my favorite songs, and I think Mark Tremonti is one of the most underrated guitar players of the last generation. Long song, but the solo starts at around the 4:35 mark.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Hell, Brothers in Arms in its entirety is practically a guitar solo (albeit it a slow one).

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
EVH did 5 LONG solos in Jax on the last show of the Diver Down tour leg, I was in the front row. He was the best.

After EVH, Ronnie Garvin of STRANGER was my favorite player. He was so F'n good.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Slash, November rain, 3 part solo.

The greatest guitar solos aren't necessarily the hardest, fastest or most technically sophisticated. The greatest exude heart and soul and can literally make the hair on your neck and arms stand up. I love Eddie and he did some amazing things. I enjoy playing his stuff, but it's never given me that visceral, emotional reaction.

Gilmore from Floyd, slash, some of satrianis work, some of skynard, Jerry Cantrell. There's some incredibly emotion driving stuff from those guys.

When I saw the title of this thread this was my first thought. Slash just always had a way of balancing the feel of the song and his solos. November Rain, Civil War, Estranged would move you. Paradise City, Sweet Child of Mine, Mr. Brownstone just perfectly fit the song.

From a different take, I always loved Tom Morello's creativity. Randy Rhodes was a true shred genius, and EVH was incredible. Gilmore definitely had the feel that could move you. Gotta bend them strings.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When I saw the title of this thread this was my first thought. Slash just always had a way of balancing the feel of the song and his solos. November Rain, Civil War, Estranged would move you. Paradise City, Sweet Child of Mine, Mr. Brownstone just perfectly fit the song.

From a different take, I always loved Tom Morello's creativity. Randy Rhodes was a true shred genius, and EVH was incredible. Gilmore definitely had the feel that could move you. Gotta bend them strings.
I was going to mention RR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator