Big Nole booster cashes in his chips; Circus flags at half staff

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I can just hear God now,

“Listen clown, you aren’t getting through the pearly gates wearing those colors. I have standards. Everyone here wears orange and blue.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can just hear God now,

“Listen clown, you aren’t getting through the pearly gates wearing those colors. I have standards. Everyone here wears orange and blue.”
Gotta pass through sun and sky to get to Heaven. Red's the way to Hell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You degraded the image and prestige of the University of Florida College of Law by selling its good name to Fred Levin, a lawyer who has been castigated by the courts for abusing the rules, and is notorious for commercializing the practice, thumbing his nose at the bar, and otherwise manipulating the system."
Obviously I don't GAF that is a Jewish name, but I damn sure wish it was a respectable guy's name.

I would never have that name on my diploma. If they ever send me anything new, I'd white it out.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Can we all just take a moment and reflect... I mean revel in the fact there’s one less clown in the world

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can we all just take a moment and reflect... I mean revel in the fact there’s one less clown in the world
CBA. Clown by association.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
This is one those guys that is such a fanboi that he gets rich and gives tons of money to a school just so they'll name stuff after him and give him access. If those perks weren't part of the deal, he wouldn't have ever given a penny to the school.

In other words, the contributions weren't given for the betterment FSU, they were for the betterment of him.

Separate verification - His name is on a scoreboard and field at Trinity Catholic HS in Ocala. Gave big contributions (I don't know the details) to significantly increase the size of the stadium and pressbox (including an elavator!). Really nice stuff, but there was a far greater need for other upgrades (academic) that really should have been a priority.
When there is a big contribution with "strings", that's what you get.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Believe it or not, there are plenty of wealthy people that give and insist that their name never goes on anything.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You should read Chainsaw Al's bio on Wiki. Not exactly an illustrious career.

It leads off with:

"He was barred from serving as an officer of a publicly traded corporation in the United States. His widespread layoffs and accounting frauds have put him on several lists of worst CEOs. He donated millions to Florida State University."

Two peas in a pod.

:snicker:

I'm not going to put too much stock in a wiki review or rumors of his business practices. I try to live by the creed of not judging a man until I've walked a mile in his shoes.

His bright red, size 19 shoes.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Having spent my life in finance and economics, the nickname "Chainsaw" Al was very well earned as that SOB would cut anything he got his hands or eyes on when he was put in charge of a company. Might have worked at Sunbeam, but did not fare as well at other places. Never new he was an "Actual" :nole:, but when I think about it the shoe fits. RIP :nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole::nole:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a cheese ball. People laughed at him here.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This scumbag was the engineer of massive accounting frauds at multiple companies. It's an absolute embarrassment that anyone would put his name on anything. These guys are continually bringing disgrace to their own university, everything from their handling of their decades-long on-campus rape problems to all the major ethical, legal and academic problems within their football program. Awful.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sarbanes-Oxley was Chainsaw Al's kryptonite. :snicker:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently he was also color blind. Those are Georgia red sweaters. What a way to double down.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just a reminder: Queen payed for your lifetime membership :lol:
quizzical.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Talk about someone who needed a better financial advisor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.