Recruiting Big Recruiting Weekend coming up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Remind me that last Cali recruit we had that panned out? Duke Lemmens?

They are overrated and under talented. Not worth the av gas for the jet. Stay home and recruit the kids that have proven themselves against top Florida talent. Cali 5 star = 3 star. 4 or 3 star= 2 star.

Fix recruiting in Florida and you fix Florida. They way to the top of the SEC doesn't go through LA.

Winner....especially the part about recruiting in the state of Florida. No excuses. Especially no excuses for signing 4 of the top 60 in-state kids.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Remind me that last Cali recruit we had that panned out? Duke Lemmens?

They are overrated and under talented. Not worth the av gas for the jet. Stay home and recruit the kids that have proven themselves against top Florida talent. Cali 5 star = 3 star. 4 or 3 star= 2 star.

Fix recruiting in Florida and you fix Florida. They way to the top of the SEC doesn't go through LA.

Wait...so if a Cali 5 Star = a Fl 3 star why are we getting worked up about stars and rankings? You obviously pointed out a discrepancy in the rating system am I right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...so if a Cali 5 Star = a Fl 3 star why are we getting worked up about stars and rankings? You obviously pointed out a discrepancy in the rating system am I right?
I often point it out. Where have you been, PDS?

It's MOST accurate with skill players and especially with skills players who camp a lot or play top tier talent.

It's least accurate with inside linemen, and tends to value athletic kids over strong kids.

It's least accurate in places like Connecticut, California, and Montana, where the kids play against no other power conference type players. It's especially bad in California bc homers on ESPN and Scout feel compelled to pretend that their top kids are equal to the top kids in the South.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I often point it out. Where have you been, PDS?

It's MOST accurate with skill players and especially with skills players who camp a lot or play top tier talent.

It's least accurate with inside linemen, and tends to value athletic kids over strong kids.

It's least accurate in places like Connecticut, California, and Montana, where the kids play against no other power conference type players. It's especially bad in California bc homers on ESPN and Scout feel compelled to pretend that their top kids are equal to the top kids in the South.
Lol i know...slow day...stirring the pot

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My bad, I was mixed up cause we took him from Arizona late in the recruiting game. Still out of state though.

Yep. I'm glad we got him, but I agree we need to focus on winning FLA. The southeast region is good to cherry pick, but west coast is a lot of time and fuel to invest and rarely a huge ROI. Even Powell (5*) didn't give us the production we hoped for.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yep. I'm glad we got him, but I agree we need to focus on winning FLA. The southeast region is good to cherry pick, but west coast is a lot of time and fuel to invest and rarely a huge ROI. Even Powell (5*) didn't give us the production we hoped for.
Shouldn't played Powell at TE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator