Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
He praised McElstain because he is too classy to trash the guy in his introductory presser
Did you really expect him to destroy the guy like we would?
Yes. I expected Napier to say something like this : "I renounce all of the teachings I received from the fat Luke Skywalker yellow toothed otter looking sharkosexual creature known as Jim Mcelwain. He disgusts me. "

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From TOS, during his meeting w/ the players yesterday: Someone asked him why Florida. He said because over the last 12 years, Florida has underachieved and there’s no excuse for that. Says Florida should be in the thick of championships every single year. And that’s where he intends to put us.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
From TOS, during his meeting w/ the players yesterday: Someone asked him why Florida. He said because over the last 12 years, Florida has underachieved and there’s no excuse for that. Says Florida should be in the thick of championships every single year. And that’s where he intends to put us.

good. Put it right out there. Accountability.

this cat is not ducking anything.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why?

Because we are Florida!

Go Gators!!

##The excitement is getting to me...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At first I was on the fence with this hire, but after watching the presser and seeing pieces of his plan to rebuild the program begin to unfold, I've come around. I really like and respect this guy. I think he'll be really good for UF, and this is the first time I've felt optimistic about the future of this program in several years.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Well guys I'm real sorry to be a downer and everything but considering how psyched I am about this hire I figured an explanation is owed why I guess I won't be here for the festivities today.

My Dad just called to say my Mom has passed. I have to tidy up my affairs for the week so I can go over there to Clearwater now.

Kind of in shock.

Guess I will see you fellas later. Go Gators!!
Sorry GGG. Prayers for you and your family. :(

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
And OX,

Gasparilla is named for a Pirate...Jose Gaspar...supposedly hid treasure on the Gulf Coast...as kids we thought it was on Captiva

Another reason for the TB Bucs.

It is not a root beer...that is sarsaparilla

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And OX,

Gasparilla is named for a Private...Jose Gaspar...supposedly hid treasure on the Gulf Coast...as kids we thought it was on Captiva

Another reason for the TB Bucs.

It is not a root beer...that is sarsaparilla

Pirate? I don't think he was an E1 in the Army.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
After listening to Billy say multiple times that he has a process and that he operates one day at a time, Dooley in typical oblivious fashion asked Napier how he typically treats rivalries. This was after Pat stated that the last few coaches had differing attitudes about them.

It was a completely stupid question that illustrated that Pat wasn’t paying attention or more likely that he decided that was the most desired insight demanded by the gator nation.

I was very pleased to see Billy chop him off at the knees which should have been done ten years ago.
I liked Napier even more afterwards.
Pat was spooned up with Nord taking a nap during the first part of Tater’s speech.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This hire isn't anything like the last three, can't you tell? There's a completely different aura about it - it truly is a new beginning of Florida football. Stricklin is going to give the guy one seriously long rope.
I have more confidence in Napier’s ability to hold it than I did Mullen.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have more confidence in Napier’s ability to hold it than I did Mullen.

I agree with that. I don't dislike him. His coaching style is probably much closer to mine than I would be to a guy like the ole HBC. I just don't know how his style will play here. He's probably not going to tweak our rivals the way, SOS, Meyer and Mullen did. I don't see us airing it out or turning games into track meets either.

I think he can be successful - if he is given time and if the people embrace him and he fully embraces the need to totally own the state of Florida in recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with that. I don't dislike him. His coaching style is probably much closer to mine than I would be to a guy like the ole HBC. I just don't know how his style will play here. He's probably not going to tweak our rivals the way, SOS, Meyer and Mullen did. I don't see us airing it out or turning games into track meets either.

I think he can be successful - if he is given time and if the people embrace him and he fully embraces the need to totally own the state of Florida in recruiting.
I think his style of play here may be slightly different than it was at ULL. From the looks of some of the games from Arizona st vs ULL, looked like he leaned on the passing game a little more. If I had to guess, he'll probably cater what he has to work with. At asu he had a stud wr and a qb that could sling it. And they got the ball to wr a pretty good bit. At ULL they obviously had a big oline and some solid rb's so they leaned on that. I think we'll be able to keep up in shoot outs just fine from the looks of his pac12 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator