Billy Napier is a stupid *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwifty

Sep 4, 2016
Here’s a good way of looking at it. If his contract included clauses that if his experiments as OC and QB coach could ultimately cost him money and his family would be severely impacted, do you think he’d have changed by now? If he even chose to go that route at all? Of course not. That would directly hurt him. I really hate that it keeps coming to this, but the unbridled criticism is absolutely warranted because he’s choosing to do this and drag UF football through the mud. And do you know why? Because he’s getting paid regardless and couldn’t possibly care any less. That’s why you see the vitriol. These are self inflicted wounds and he’s ok with it.
The culture of getting paid megabucks even if you suck out loud is a f’n cancer

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Guys and Girls! What's up?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
his The problem is, his staff.. and him, he's a lousy OC, we've all said he needs to hire an OC, if he wants to survive here, it is imperative he does it NOW. and then get the fuch out of the guy's way and don't try to throttle him with a ball control , TOP of possession scheme, score and don't stop scoring.. He brought his Sun Belt staff with him, there is a reason they were in the Sun Belt and not at a Power 5 school.. and with the 2nd year of them here, is shows they aren't up to the job of coaching these kids at this level.
His play calling sucks cause his plays suck. I mentioned this in the chat box, but the passing plays really look like recess where the kids run wherever while the defender counts to 5 Mississippi.

They aren’t designed to force an LB or a safety to make a decision or put them in a bad position.

It feels like it’s either play action with everyone running crossing routes or simple curls. There’s no yards after catch cause our WRs are either running backward or sideways when they catch the ball.

Burn the whole damn playbook, especially all that play action on third and long,

Dumb dumb dumb dumb-da-dumb, Tater Bait!!!!!!

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think it was Law who once said you can look at the ingredients and have a pretty good idea what you're having for dinner. The dinner we're having (Napier) is exactly what you'd guess from his resume. All of this "make him hire a ST coordinator" and "force him to hand over play calling" stuff isn't going to change who he is. It didn't change Muschamp. It hasn't turned aTm into a powerhouse now that they forced Dumbo to hand over the play calling. This is really just trying to cope with the real issue that you know you don't have the right guy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey – just popped in this thread. How’s everyone feeling?

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just got home from a Gator watch party that quickly turned into a wake. I have NEVER seen a Gator team as poorly coached as this one. When we were under 4 minutes to play and Napier was going to go for it on a 4th and 2 he calls a run play off the right tackle that hasn't worked ONCE the entire game. And like the other 13-14 times he ran that play the Gators lost yards. Napier is the WORST play caller I've even seen with the Gators and that includes Mushchamp & McElwain combined. We are a joke now. Every person in the room at the watch party was calling the plays before they snapped the ball. EVERY PLAY. I'm am so over Napier now. Jezzus Chryst.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Billy is a good man and doesn’t deserve the vitriol no matter how inept he may be. That doesn’t mean I disagree in anyway that he is a poor OC, has not had the attention to detail that he claimed to, and that the results and direction of on field performance is unacceptable.

It will take a miracle for him to turn this around.
I think anyone who is handed generational wealth to the point his grandchildren will be millionaires deserves vitriol when they willingly try to implement a strategy that EVERYONE else in the profession knows doesn't lead to success, hence why NOBODY ELSE is doing it. I don't care what kind of a person he is off the field, as if somehow that absolves him for not doing the damn job he was hired to do. He's earned every ounce of vitriol he gets.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think anyone who is handed generational wealth to the point his grandchildren will be millionaires deserves vitriol when they willingly try to implement a strategy that EVERYONE else in the profession knows doesn't lead to success, hence why NOBODY ELSE is doing it. I don't care what kind of a person he is off the field, as if somehow that absolves him for not doing the damn job he was hired to do. He's earned every ounce of vitriol he gets.
I didn’t absolve him of anything.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No doubt he was left a mess. He's built a good foundation. But the coaching and system just aren't there.
Just like all those beautiful new cities and towns all over China that have brand new state of the art buildings. Problem is no one is occupying those buildings nor living in those towns. Juices your growth rate in the beginning but in the end you are just left with empty buildings and towns.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t absolve him of anything.
You didn't have to edit the "grow up" out of your post. I'm a big boy and can handle the pushback. You know what else could make me handle it even better? $7 million a year. However, I respect your stance on not resorting to vitriol, and you're correct when you say you didn't absolve him. That's on me, I'll get it fixed :whistle:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
You didn't have to edit the "grow up" out of your post. I'm a big boy and can handle the pushback. You know what else could make me handle it even better? $7 million a year. However, I respect your stance on not resorting to vitriol, and you're correct when you say you didn't absolve him. That's on me, I'll get it fixed :whistle:
I edited it out because you are right and I was reading too much into your post, so I checked myself :lol2:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

10 years later and here we are. Fans and media are all morons who don’t know ball. Feels all too familiar.

Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator