Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Sincerest thanks to CDM. I could have wasted the best fishing time of the year thinking about football. Now I can move on to what's important. Also, I avoid late season disappointment. Got it out of the way early.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice job, cover. As I said in the other thread, it’s still ultimately about recruiting. Mullen is a better coach than Zook, WM, or JM. When we had some close calls with UK, like 2014, we still have a team that was loaded with NFL talent. The problem with games like last night, is that our players are not significantly better than theirs any longer. That’s the difference and what was always going to inhibit this staff.
And the complete predictably of our offense. You could tell what we were running on the last drive by formation. Leadership like this, even all the talent isn't going to get you anywhere, he is whom he is. An unprofessional talker who promises big but doesn't put in the work. Relentless effort and Gator Standard are just words to him not a real thing.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
If anything after last night it felt like the talking heads FINALLY saw what we’ve been bitching about since he got here

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We had what, 7 plays from inside the 15 to end the game and threw one single pass that went to the end zone? Granted that one pass was an EJ special that was way off the mark, but still, are we even trying to score? If you can’t stretch the field at all, your offense is going to have nights where it struggles.

I miss Trask.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If anything after last night it felt like the talking heads FINALLY saw what we’ve been *****ing about since he got here

If anything, it’s twice now this season that announcers have openly said “wth?” regarding something he’s doing. Against Usf it was repeatedly calling out the QB situation, and last night at least twice they went back to the final drive of Q2. You can’t pretend that everything’s fine when completely neutral onlookers are saying otherwise.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I said before Florida just is not a top 10 team they are probably not even a top 25 team. They look so terrible coaching is suspect at this point of the season. There’s some high school football teams that look better than the Gators today. No excuse,” another fan added.

I love the above quote from the article. I always called Cousin Eddie and many other college coaches glorified high school coaches

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The cold hard truth no one wants to hear: the reason why Kensucky won and has beaten Dan twice now… they have a better football program than the one Dan has built. Period. He just doesn’t have the it factor necessary to run a premier program. Last year was the best he will ever do, and he hated every second of it. This is who I said he was when he got here, and a lot people gave me hell because of it.

But, this is who Dan is. And this is his program.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The handwriting has always been on the wall since year 2 of Mullen's tenure here,

Mullen has an odd form of dyslexia: stoolriti - he fingerpaints graffiti on bathroom floors.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The cold hard truth no one wants to hear: the reason why Kensucky won and has beaten Dan twice now… they have a better football program than the one Dan has built. Period. He just doesn’t have the it factor necessary to run a premier program. Last year was the best he will ever do, and he hated every second of it. This is who I said he was when he got here, and a lot people gave me hell because of it.

But, this is who Dan is. And this is his program.

You have a Mississippi state ad who hired his Zook after being embarrassed on the nation stage.. how would it be any different?

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You have a Mississippi state ad who hired his Zook after being embarrassed on the nation stage.. how would it be any different?

I am all in 10000000% for Stricklin hitting the bricks, as well. His inability to hold Dan’s feet to the fire, with regards to Dan keeping Grantham after years of piss poor performance, shows he ain’t got the balls necessary to make the tough decisions either.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen, Grantham, cartel crossing the border? Anybody think of hiring some kidnappings.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I am all in 10000000% for Stricklin hitting the bricks, as well. His inability to hold Dan’s feet to the fire, with regards to Dan keeping Grantham after years of piss poor performance, shows he ain’t got the balls necessary to make the tough decisions either.
Can we make it a Trifecta and get fuching Fuch the @#$% out of there too?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mullen was a perfect fit for Miss St. they accept average, ok, mediocre.
At Florida we have a standard (in Mullens own words, The Florida Standard) which he is failing miserably to meet.
Unfortunately were stuck with him one maybe two more years unless Stricklin trys to get some heat off his own ass and pulls the trrigger on Ol Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.