Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At this point I think his game is he's trying to get fired and walk off with an extra 20 million to add to the 25 or so Million he already has banked. The UAA's game should be threatening to fire him for cause and trying to negotiate a smaller buyout.

The problem that I see here, as I’ve mentioned before, is this would basically be the third coach out of the last four that is actively trying to get away from UF. We can attribute it to a lot of different things and rightly place the blame on those coaches’ own deficiencies. But it’s a bad look for the program, and sheds light on the issues we have within the athletic department. The more we simply rearrange the deck chairs, the worse it gets from a perception standpoint. I’m ok with him being gone, but don’t agree to at it couldn’t get worse. I have zero faith in this administration to not butcher the next hire, so the firings need to go way deeper.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I think his game is he's trying to get fired and walk off with an extra 20 million to add to the 25 or so Million he already has banked. The UAA's game should be threatening to fire him for cause and trying to negotiate a smaller buyout.
This is exactly right. This is nothing more than a game of Chicken at this point over buyout money. He wants to get fired, but he's wants every dime he's owed on the way out the door.

95% of life comes down to money.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have zero faith in this administration to not butcher the next hire, so the firings need to go way deeper.
It would take someone at the very top to clean house, and there's the same chance at that happening as me waking up tomorrow with a third testicle.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But by George give Pierce some more carries! He’s usually our best back in terms of per carry avg and runs strong. Tonight was a night he needed about twice as many touches. Could have helped make a difference.
Without a doubt, this is true. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't in the game late. Yes, Malik and Na'Quan may be better receivers either in the slot or out of the backfield, but on 1st and goal from the 5 after the face-mask on Emory, we needed him in the game to run it off-tackle real quick (as opposed to pounding it up the middle).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am just not ready to give up on Mullen to become Tennessee, Nebraska or some other also ran. Do you all really have faith that Stricklin won't hire the next NorveLLLL, Diaz or Shark humper...just be careful what you wish for.
yeah. id much rather keep him and continue to be starkville east.

STFU :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am just not ready to give up on Mullen to become Tennessee, Nebraska or some other also ran. Do you all really have faith that Stricklin won't hire the next NorveLLLL, Diaz or Shark humper...just be careful what you wish for.
With all due respect, this may be the dumbest motherfuchser alive. And I thought the other Gatorken had that honor.

Yeah, don't fire Mullen because they may hire another McElstain or Mullen. What a fuchstard. Keep the shyt we have because they may hire more of the same shyt.

Stricklin is gone. Don't worry about him.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Ok, got a parable for ya. You're driving home. On your route is construction. You get a flat tire. You get it fixed, take the same route home the next day, you get another flat. I bet you on the third day, you pick a different route. You can still get a flat on the new route, it's certainly possible, but I bet you still pick a different route.

We may not be any better with a new coach, but we know that we won't be any better with this coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF needs to incorporate corporal punishment for coaches who let us down. Caning can become a CFB tradition, amirite.?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, got a parable for ya. You're driving home. On your route is construction. You get a flat tire. You get it fixed, take the same route home the next day, you get another flat. I bet you on the third day, you pick a different route. You can still get a flat on the new route, it's certainly possible, but I bet you still pick a different route.

We may not be any better with a new coach, but we know that we won't be any better with this coach.
Rocket has been on fire.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I can be back before the weekend:dance:
You have to plan your bans wisely. Now don't be such a wus and go give me a funny. You know that's some quality barroom smack lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator