Bits & Pieces: Florida vs South Carolina

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cover, did you mean The Black Ass, as my bud O L Joiner from Lachuway used to call it?...
You got me! I guess upon my return I didn’t want to hurt the woke. His generation did use “black @ss” and it later morphed into just “@ss.” It was meant as “mad at the world” and/or not wanting to do something.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
You got me! I guess upon my return I didn’t want to hurt the woke. His generation did use “black @ss” and it later morphed into just “@ss.” It was meant as “mad at the world” and/or not wanting to do something.
Hence the need for 3 fingers of Rebel Yell...just sayin'...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
"I've got a case of the ass" was about the third most common saying my entire time in the Army and had same meaning... basically you said it any time you were really pissed off.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"I've got a case of the ass" was about the third most common saying my entire time in the Army and had same meaning... basically you said it any time you were really pissed off.
I heard a lot of variations of this one, chief among them was, "I'm bout to get assed up" meaning, you're starting to piss me off.

always seemed kinda gay to me though

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard a lot of variations of this one, chief among them was, "I'm bout to get assed up" meaning, you're starting to piss me off.

always seemed kinda gay to me though
Doesn’t sound like what you’d want to hear on a boat out in the middle of the ocean…the gay part, that is.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
@cover2 sorry for the late thank you, but I was at a wedding in Playa del Carmen the past two days. The past two games have given us a "feel good" moment.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 51027

I’m about over my “case of the @ss,” as my granddaddy used to call it. In sports, winning can be a healing salve. Winning and looking pretty good doing it is even better. So I expect us fans, thoroughbreds and jackasses alike, to be finding a better feeling about the recent turn. And a 38-6 thumping of the ‘Cocks is certainly that, comparatively speaking.

Defensively, it’s hard not to notice the flip of the switch that started in the second half a week prior against Texas A&M that continued for four quarters yesterday. Not that I would necessarily consider USCe an offensive juggernaut, but holding them to 237 total yards (44 rushing) and no offensive scores was quite the contrast. Another couple of big stats were holding them to 3/11 on third down conversions and three takeaways. There’s a noticeable difference in the play of the front 6/7. The interior guys are controlling the gaps which is freeing the LBs to scrape and flow. We’re also getting some pressure more consistently from the front with a few blitzes mixed in. As important or maybe more so, the secondary is playing much tighter in coverage as well as run support. Can’t help but think that the light is coming on which allows for less tentative play and fewer instances of paralysis from over-analysis. Kudos to this group from the staff down to the players.

Offensively, our identity is definitely in the ground game. Montrell, ET, and AR rushed for 161, 100, and 96 yds respectively with each scoring a TD. The team total was 374 and a lot of the credit has to go to the OL, anchored by Torrence who is receiving a lot of well-deserved notice, and Sale, who is looking more and more like the best OL coach we’ve had in years as well as a contender for the best in the SEC. Passing, on the other hand, has looked more complimentary as opposed to threatening. While it’s nice to see some youngsters stepping in and doing good things and Pearsall becoming maybe a favored target, the fact remains that AR’s inconsistency is the biggest issue with the throw game. A lot of his misses seem to be behind receivers, leading me to believe he is late with his reads and execution. What’s the cure? More reps, more film, another year in college. If he ever works out the consistency kinks, he’ll be extremely difficult to game plan for, given his rushing ability. I do think his confidence is growing, which is an important part of his development. The sky’s still the limit, but his window at UF grows smaller with each game.

* Punt return was responsible for the ‘Cocks’ lone score and a penalty that set them up with a short field. Certainly work to do there.

* Not nominating him for MVP by any means, but 0 has played more solidly of late. He made a great play running down JuJu McDowell from behind on a sweep. Glad to see the improvement.

* I don’t think the dismissal of one player is the sole reason for our better defensive play, but it’s a known truth that people generally experience an improved demeanor when they have a boil on their @ss removed.

* Am I concerned with the two-minute plan to end the first half? Sure. But in the grand scheme of things, the defense improving is higher on the priority list. I’m not suggesting time management isn’t important, but I am suggesting that there were more issues with this team than might have been realized and while the improvements haven’t been immediate, they are showing up…as expected.

* We’re bowl eligible! Not an end all, but a step along the way to getting back where we expect to be.

Vandy’s looming and they appear to be much better than your Dad’s Vandy. We’ll be tested, but we’re rising as well. It’ll be more of a test than usual I suspect, but with our defense starting to figure things out, we should be in a good position to take the next step in the rebuild.

I’ll close with my sincere wishes that all will feel better and better about the direction of the program. I do, despite a rocky start and any lingering uncertainties. We might not have a highly polished SEC head coach, but the guy knows how to work and I don’t believe will embarrass the University and the fans, at least those of reasonable temperament. Hang in there Gators! I truly believe our better if not best days are ahead. If I’m wrong, I’ll refund your subscriptions :lol:

Go Gators!

:chomp:
80 likes? That's the best you could do?

Someone is slipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member