Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The chat box is like the Elephants foot, you stay around it very long and you a goner, dying from the inside out.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@cover2
Even we can make the Duke quit :lol: . This reminds me of the time in 8th grade I made the Sunday school teacher drop an f bomb, throw a Bible on the floor and walk out one sunday morning.
Why does that not shock me?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
26f646bcbf67dc050d20e1aecc60d770.jpg

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators lost to Tennessee today 38-33. They were better in some respects, great comeback try at the end, but not good enough yet to beat a better team. Too many big plays surrendered, almost all due to cover blows. Lot of work ahead.

Ox, thanks for the opportunity to have put my scribbles out for digestion. I have enjoyed it. Yours is the best site going.

Readers, friends, fellow fans, I appreciate your patronage. I’d contemplated not returning this year, but have been and remain excited about the future. But I did a dumb thing that I usually never do…I went in the Chat Box during the game. There wasn’t much hope to be found. It dawned on me that I’ve got nothing at this point to change that trajectory. So, I’m retired. Best to all.

Go Gators
:chomp:
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
Defense:
Trey Dean…… I mean come on man. Leaving guys WIDE OPEN all night. Just awful display of fundamentals. Eyes stuck
In the backfield, playing flat footed.

Put Wilson in and let him get exposure to SEC play at least. I’d rather be burned by Wilson getting beat over the top learning what not to do for next year than Dean being burned for the 75th time in 2season. Dean is hot garbage.

Time to build for the future. Crazy thing is…. We should be 4-0 right now. If the AR that shows up tonight play against Kentucky. We win by 14.
A couple risky calls that go the other way we win tonight. Not pretty but still a win.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cover2.......... come on man!

I don't think you recognize the "good" that you bring to this board. You have a Veterans perspective that most of our younger posters miss completely. Your "take" is tempered by experience and a knowledge of history that is greatly needed, not just on GatorChatter but in all of Gator Nation. Come on man, those that are with you are greater than those who are against ya.

Come on man...............

Go Gators!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Cover2.......... come on man!

I don't think you recognize the "good" that you bring to this board. You have a Veterans perspective that most of our younger posters miss completely. Your "take" is tempered by experience and a knowledge of history that is greatly needed, not just on GatorChatter but in all of Gator Nation. Come on man, those that are with you are greater than those who are against ya.

Come on man...............

Go Gators!
Couldn't agree more. I'm a completely reactionary football fan and always need his takes to bring me back to earth

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
[mention]cover2 [/mention] PLEASE DO NOT RETIRE!!!

First, I don’t even know who is in the chat box, but they are all IDIOTS! Don’t waste your time in there!

Maybe this should’ve been first… Your recap gives me the most realistic view of where we are as a program. I don’t trust the insufferable know-it-alls on this board to provide an accurate assessment. There are a few others here who are reasonable, but I trust your knowledge and experience the most!

I only saw “bits and pieces” of the game because I had to finish a project in the living room. Never sat down to watch, so I know I missed a LOT of key plays…

-A loss never feels good. I didn’t expect a win today and was happy to see our Gators fight to the very end when I suspected we were going to watch tinerc begin to pull away late in the game.

-It’s clear the CBN has a LOT of cleanup to do, but his recruiting so far gives me hope that he’ll do it.

-Dad said CBN had to be held back at one point in the game (I think when they had an extended review of AR’s TD when he was waist deep across the goal line ). Glad to hear he let the refs know he’s not a pushover.

-AR looked much better today. Unfortunately, his fumble might be the difference in the game.

-Didn’t see a lot of false starts in a hostile rival stadium. Hopefully a sign the team discipline is improving.

-D with some granthem-esque coverage. TONS of room for improvement.

-I said before Saturday that I think tinerc has a good coach now. We probably won’t see the bumbling voles of the last 17 years. But…

-I also expect CBN to start a new winning streak next year. He deserves some patience and I believe we’ll see improvement next year. I’m not even CLOSE to giving up on him yet.

Go Gators!!!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
@cover2 , I'll add my voice to the chorus asking you to reconsider. Your weekly ruminations are looked forward to and appreciated by many on here. I completly understand being overcome by the negativity but you bring a perspective that is sorely needed, especially now. I hope this absence is only temporary.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Cover - I hope you're joking about not reviewing as I've always made it a point to read your thoughts on all our games over the last few years.
If not... change your mind! I would have liked to read your full review of tonight's game as there were some nice highs and some horrid lows (the D), and your take on where we are in this transition to Napier's team. So...... Please don't go! Everybody here needs the sanity you provide especially when we're stressing out

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.