Bobby Petrino is not very well liked.....by his own team

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
"Ox and Law, 'preciate your support and confidence. BTW, no reason really, but do your daughters go to UF?"

Petrino-on-leave-admits-relationship-MO18VMRS-x-large.jpg
:)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
3-10 and 34-17 are similar to the numbers Spurrier posted initially in Washington and Columbia. I can confidently say I've imagined Petrino coaching the caliber of athlete he could recruit at Florida and envisioned one SEC title after another. Who cares who he's banging as long as it's not one of his own players?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n31541 said:
You swing on Ox's nuts more than Mrs. Ox after a full night of drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade.
THAT was nutswinging? :crazy:

Let's just say after last year many more candidates than usual sound a lot more appealing to me. Many more. The idea of having a coach again that actually likes offense just makes me feel tingly inside, despite his historical douchiness. Plus, I don't have a daughter, so I wouldn't have to worry about that part.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:
His wife and kids that he humiliated on a national stage to start.

I'm far from being a prude, but I guess I would rather be embarrassed by having a coach who loses to Georgia Southern than a coach who is a total doosh and doesn't have an once of integrity. There are plenty of other coaches out there that can win just as much without all of the extra baggage.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n31604 said:
I'm far from being a prude, but I guess I would rather be embarrassed by having a coach who loses to Georgia Southern than a coach who is a total doosh and doesn't have an once of integrity.
Right or wrong, you're probably in the minority there.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
I'm far from being a prude, but I guess I would rather be embarrassed by having a coach who loses to Georgia Southern than a coach who is a total doosh and doesn't have an once of integrity.
That's a shame, because the win at all cost mentality is really obnoxious.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
Swamp Queen is right about this...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
Obnoxious, disgraceful, embarrassing, dare I say...FSUish? No thanks!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
Perhaps. Embarrassing play on the field is, too. Before last year, most fans would have agree with Queenie. Things change.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n31605 said:

I would rather have a Coach with Good Character and the ability to win Championships.

We may have that right now, only time will tell.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
You do realize that there are other football coaches out there that know how to win football games that aren't sleazeballs?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
Embarrassing play on the field can usually be corrected. Severe character flaws usually cannot.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
oxrageous;n31605 said:

I would rather have a Coach with Good Character and the ability to win Championships.

+1

Petrino had the reputation of a slimball well before he left AR. Coaches like that don't exactly leave programs better than when they found them.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Captain Sasquatch;n31541 said:
You swing on Ox's nuts more than Mrs. Ox after a full night of drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade.
THAT was nutswinging? :crazy:

Let's just say after last year many more candidates than usual sound a lot more appealing to me. Many more. The idea of having a coach again that actually likes offense just makes me feel tingly inside, despite his historical douchiness. Plus, I don't have a daughter, so I wouldn't have to worry about that part.
Good points and I bet that if you did have a daughter you would not have to worry about that either. Now I hope he has learned his lesson but nowhere did I see him force himself on anybody, now he might have bribed them with a job. Let's hope we win so there will be no need to think about a new coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
Can anyone say Meyer was less of a sleazeball? And yet he'd have been back in 2011 had he wanted.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
oxrageous;n31605 said:

We've had one coach in the past quarter century who left the program better than when he started.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not just the players I guess.

https://www.rotoworld.com/headlines...-and-DC?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There is "significant friction" between Louisville HC Bobby Petrino and DC Todd Grantham, according to sources close to SI's Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel.

"The two have feuded often since Grantham’s hiring in January," the duo reports. "So much that one source insists Petrino would have already gotten rid of Grantham if not for his guaranteed five-year contract that pays him nearly $1 million annually." Grantham left Georgia for the Louisville job. The defensive coordinator always had great talent with the Bulldogs, but we do not believe he always used it correctly and effectively. Petrino has a history of being difficult, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.