Bowden Confesses: We paid the refs

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
C2, is this your way of telling us “gotcha suckers, April Fools!”? :lol:

Not that I don't believe it...I’m sure Booby paid the refs for years. I just wouldn’t expect him to admit it.

Getting old does that, many will confess their sins on their way out.

I believe it was a joke...about a fact.
It actually happened. I was there. Dosta's most likely on it. Didn't @Swamp Donkey say that there's usually some truth in all jokes? It would be hard to convince a Gator that there was no fix with Jack Childress and crew during the "Swindle." I always felt there was one in '93 when F$U's Tamarick Vanover blocked our DB in the back to spring Warrick Dunn for the winning score right in front of the ref. Kinda feels like a pattern.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ACC refs have a long history of this and not just proClowntown. If the game is important for an ACC team to get a bowl or playoff spot, these things will happen w certainty.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It actually happened. I was there. Dosta's most likely on it. Didn't @Swamp Donkey say that there's usually some truth in all jokes? It would be hard to convince a Gator that there was no fix with Jack Childress and crew during the "Swindle." I always felt there was one in '93 when F$U's Tamarick Vanover blocked our DB in the back to spring Warrick Dunn for the winning score right in front of the ref. Kinda feels like a pattern.

Jack Childress' "Swindle Crew" caused such a backlash among Gator fans that Foley immediately changed the policy of having the visiting team conference officials call the Nulls game. From that game forward ACC refs call the game in Tallahassee only.

The calls in that game were a disgrace to college football and weren't even close calls that would have left possible doubt....obvious fumbles that were ruled dead balls, etc.
It was an abomination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator