Bowl Match-Ups/Playoffs

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
By moving Oklahoma to 4, they prevented them playing in Dallas which would of been almost a home game. This was the the right thing to do. The 1 and 2 teams deserve to travel less than 3 and 4. I like the match ups. Both games should be interesting.
Except they claim none of that would be considered, just rank them 1 to 4 by virtue of their record. I would have bet any amount they would avoid a first round matchup between Bama and OK, and I, along with pretty much everyone else was right. All they were really debating was "do we move Bama to 1 and keep OK 3 or do we Keep Bama 2 and drop OK to 4". It was predetermined Bama and OK was the preferred championship game with Clemson and Mich St as possible spoilers. It's all about what generates the most $ in the end.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think SOS ever had a 3 game losing streak, doubt Meyer did.

SOS at the end of 1999 (FSU, Bammer in SECC game, Sparty in Citrus)

Leyer in 2010 (at Bammer, LSU and Cowbell in Swamp)

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
Cant wait to see the scoring thread on this bowl game.......

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap, why is it that we get matched up with meatchicken whenever we have major holes on our team (zook-led team, Tebow but no defense, are what come to mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you have to have major holes to end up in the Citrus.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Popsicle Bowl... somewhere that bastard Alvin is smiling :mad:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
football god's hate us right now, i hate playing michigan, they always win.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
gonna be bama oklahoma for all the marbles. clempson is gonna get skulldragged once they play a quality OOC opponent.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So we could finish the season on a 3 game skid with our offense ranking 108th while playing one of the easiest schedules in 30 years, got beat down at home by FSU put up 150 yards against Bama and people think this lucky coach deserves coach of the year. What a joke! Muschamp won 11 games with defense and no offense in 2012 and was bashed repeatedly yet this guy win the same freakin way and people make him out to be the next SOS.

He should be on the hot seat If you ask me. He was brought in to fix the offense but made it worse. Yeah yeah yeah I know I'd Grier was in he game we'd be undefeated right now blah blah blah. Grier had one complete game in his 6 attempts. Treon had one as well against LSU. Now I'm not saying Grier was going to be a bad Qb like Treon but it was only one game he looked great. I think he would have continued to progress though but not as fast as some people think. Mac will get a pass next year cause of Grier being out half the year but I don't think he should. Defense is going to take a major hit next losing key players to the NFL and without a elite defense this year we most definitely lose 4-5 games this year including against FAU.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So we could finish the season on a 3 game skid with our offense ranking 108th while playing one of the easiest schedules in 30 years, got beat down at home by FSU put up 150 yards against Bama and people think this lucky coach deserves coach of the year. What a joke! Muschamp won 11 games with defense and no offense in 2012 and was bashed repeatedly yet this guy win the same freakin way and people make him out to be the next SOS.

He should be on the hot seat If you ask me. He was brought in to fix the offense but made it worse. Yeah yeah yeah I know I'd Grier was in he game we'd be undefeated right now blah blah blah. Grier had one complete game in his 6 attempts. Treon had one as well against LSU. Now I'm not saying Grier was going to be a bad Qb like Treon but it was only one game he looked great. I think he would have continued to progress though but not as fast as some people think. Mac will get a pass next year cause of Grier being out half the year but I don't think he should. Defense is going to take a major hit next losing key players to the NFL and without a elite defense this year we most definitely lose 4-5 games this year including against FAU.

The difference between this year and Chimps 11 win season is pretty simple. We had NO offensive line,stud RB, and stud kicker this year like Chimp had. That's why everyone preseason picked us to be 3rd or 4th in the east.

If you have been watching any games this year, you would notice all the receivers running wide open. And running wide open by scheme - wheel routes, routes clearing the safety/corner out, etc. Mac's offensive philosophy is sound. As soon as this line develops and we have a competent QB, we will be dominant again. That is what Gator fans are happy about.

Mac is a magician to win 10 games with this O line and Treon.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Don't breed. Ever.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Don't jump :suicide2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Gator Chatter postseason award nominee for worst post in history.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

:britney:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

This guy doesn't seem very bright

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator