• Fiesta

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So my brother who is a Penn St/Big 10 Homer today was trying to tell me how jealous fans of other conferences are that they don't get to play in the "storied" Rose Bowl; I really don't believe that to be the case. The Rose Bowl is just another game with overextended pageantry...

So want to ask you all; of all Bowl Games, which ones do you feel most partial to and if you could play in any which one would it be?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this fall, we want the Peach or Fiesta. Wearing out I-75 up to ATL for the SECC game and the Peach, then down to Tampa in early January should be the goal.

Yes, the Rose would be nice to see us play in one day, it does have the hype and parade, etc. that the others do not have.

Sorry to hear your brother has to associate himself with that hellhole of pedophilia called State College.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Its Regional. That is the big bowl to them because that is the bowl game all their schools aim for, getting their if they win their conference.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sugar - because of SEC affiliation and history.

Rose - No, because of the pompousness of it and the PAC/B1G fans that feel it is special. It isn't.
Fiesta - No. I have no real associations to it other than periodic BCS games.
Orange - No, because I always think of the old crap stadium and associate it with Miami that has no redeeming qualities.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna lie, I died a little inside when we didn't get to play in the Rose Bowl stadium in 2009, and contemplated suicide when the sh*theads won the NC there in 2013. Rose Bowl is my answer, it's kind of a big deal.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bart in 3, 2, 1.....
:bart:
Well, I can go different directions with the thread title:
1. I love to bowl, been doing it since I was 5 when Mom used to drop me and my older siblings off at the bowling alley for about 3 hours every Saturday morning. Been a 200+ bowler for the past 10 years or so.
2. I love to bowl, been doing it since I was 16 when Mom used to buy me and my friends beers on Friday night as long as we didn't leave the backyard (she never did approve of the bowling though - funny). :bandit:
3. Gotta side with Sas and others on this one - The Rose Bowl is the 'grandaddy of em all' (credit: Keith Jackson, who is still alive BTW-he's 88), and it's the only one I've never been to.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Tulane_Stadium_Sugar_Bowl_This_Week_in_New_Orleans_Dec_4_1948.jpg

Sugar Bowl at the old Tulane Stadium before the Superdome was built.

Number 1 -- Sugar Bowl

Number 2 -- Orange Bowl

Number 3 -- Cotton Bowl

Number 4 -- Gator Bowl

Fiesta Bowl is an upstart bowl. Rose Bowl was always Big Ten Champion versus Pacific 8 (now Pac 10) Champion. At one time the Rose Bowl was an open bowl and SEC teams could go out there. Then the Midwest and the West Coast didn't like the Southerners going out to Pasadena and winning so they locked the SEC out. Only recently with the Bowl Championship Series has this Big Ten -- Pac 1 been reversed. The Rose Bowl was something to watch after the Sugar Bowl and Cotton Bowl were over and you were waiting for the Orange Bowl to come on TV. I must say I liked watching Woody Hayes take the "three yards and a cloud of dust" Buckeyes out to Pasadena and getting rings run around them by blond headed California surfer dudes like Pat Haden and A.J. McCay.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Its Regional. That is the big bowl to them because that is the bowl game all their schools aim for, getting their if they win their conference.

This. I will admit the rose bowl is a big deal, but nothing to be jealous of. Sugar Bowl is a bigger deal based on the 5K's comments.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I get and all.......not sure why a PSU fan does though. It's not like they'll be going there anytime soon.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sugar bowl for me. There aren't many things more boring than a parade.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna lie, I died a little inside when we didn't get to play in the Rose Bowl stadium in 2009, and contemplated suicide when the sh*theads won the NC there in 2013. Rose Bowl is my answer, it's kind of a big deal.
All of this. Kills me to know just how close we were to the tickets and the game.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Rose Bowl. Though I will change to the Sugar if they move it outside.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sugar, just because that's been our goal as being in the SEC. Sas is right, woulda loved being at the Grandaddy just once. I was pumped and had it all lined up to go. But hey, since we're talking bowls how bout ........Haji's Discount Cigarette and Tabacco Weedeater Repair Liberty Bowl Sponsored by Red Bull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.