Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love football but hate the NFL!!!!

This result is way beyond belief......

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Brady needs to check the pressure in his tires. The NFL will fine him for wasting gas. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.3% for every 1 psi drop in pressure of all four tires.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely unreal. 4 games for a ball's PSI and yet others with DUIs or Domestic Violence get 1-2 games.

Just a power trip by Roger who deserves to be canned.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the rest of you guys, the penalty is too much.

Dec 10, 2014
I found this quote/blurb from Eli Manning to be fascinating. To me, it shows that the players and by an extension the player's union are never going to back culpability for issues created by players. The image of lawlessness in the NFL is hurting the product. I get that the league is stronger than ever, but these things have a way of catching up. Just ask baseball ... Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who topped Brady and the Patriots in not one, but two Super Bowl victories, told the New York Post on Monday that he found no happiness in the situation.
"Tom has been a friend of mine," Manning told the paper. "I don't like to see anyone get suspended. I don’t like to see anybody get in trouble. I don’t like to see anything happen to the NFL or to a player or to another quarterback. In no way am I glad to see this happen."
Still, Manning said the punishment was "serious," even from the league. “Obviously the football, I think it is about integrity and you have to follow the rules. If someone’s breaking the rules I understand you’re gonna get punished for it," he said. “Obviously the NFL is serious about not messing with the integrity of the game, no matter big or little the issue is."

So you have to follow the rules but the punishment was too serious and he doesn't like to see players punished?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n221856 said:
I am not a Patriots', nor Brady fan. IMHO, Wells realized that if he found Brady was not guilty of it all, Wells would
be a nobody. But with him bringing Brady down, Wells becomes sports headline material and even a person of
note in NFL history. Wonder what NFL games Wells attends the most ?

A lot of butthurt in this post. But going to focus on your last just wrongful swipe

Ted Wells is a nobody without this investigation? Has never worked on high profile cases, or with the NFL before on an high profile investigation. Doesn't appear to be well respected within his profession at all.

He didn't represent Mike Espy, Scooter Libby, Eliot Spitzer, and Robert Torricelli.... because he is a nobody.

He doesn't have any , because he didn't work on the NBPA Leadership dispute, Syracuse handing of sexual assault accusations of Bernie Fine, Part of the team in the NFL Concussion litigation and the Miami Dolphins Bullying investigation (The first "Wells Report" 144 pages breakdown).

So lets attack the man commissioned to do a job. The same person who Bob Kraft suggested to Roger Goddell to do the Miami Dolphins Bullying investigation.

The report is 244 pages, and honestly I don't care if balls were deflated or not. It's an old rule that probably needs to be reexamined. But If your company/profession is investigating you for cheating or rules violations, and you lie to your employer. What kind of punishment do you think you are going to get?

The penalties are excessive:

4 game penality will be appealed and brought to 2 games. Brady giving gifts to guys he claims he didn't even know worked in the building. Also calling them into the quarterbacks room after the discovered balls, and before their were people suggested as doing it. Hernandez also just happened to be at the same deserted lot as Lloyd?

$1 Million, is going to charity and is a tax write off

1st pick extremely excessive being Kraft and the Coaching staff were cleared of everything

4th Round pick, probably due to the press conference Kraft gave at the Super Bowl week where he ripped the NFL and the accusations pretty heavily, still excessive with the organization as a whole being cleared.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n221995 said:
Absolutely unreal. 4 games for a ball's PSI and yet others with DUIs or Domestic Violence get 1-2 games.

Just a power trip by Roger who deserves to be canned.

So the NFL is in charge of doing the legal systems job?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222060 said:
So the NFL is in charge of doing the legal systems job?

no, the NFL is in charge of keeping the integrity of the game, right?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n222081 said:
no, the NFL is in charge of keeping the integrity of the game, right?

So did these things happen on the football field? Did they effect the outcome of the game? Because that would be the integrity of the game.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222058 said:
A lot of butthurt in this post. But going to focus on your last just wrongful swipe

Ted Wells is a nobody without this investigation? Has never worked on high profile cases, or with the NFL before on an high profile investigation. Doesn't appear to be well respected within his profession at all.

He didn't represent Mike Espy, Scooter Libby, Eliot Spitzer, and Robert Torricelli.... because he is a nobody.

He doesn't have any , because he didn't work on the NBPA Leadership dispute, Syracuse handing of sexual assault accusations of Bernie Fine, Part of the team in the NFL Concussion litigation and the Miami Dolphins Bullying investigation (The first "Wells Report" 144 pages breakdown).

So lets attack the man commissioned to do a job. The same person who Bob Kraft suggested to Roger Goddell to do the Miami Dolphins Bullying investigation.

The report is 244 pages, and honestly I don't care if balls were deflated or not. It's an old rule that probably needs to be reexamined. But If your company/profession is investigating you for cheating or rules violations, and you lie to your employer. What kind of punishment do you think you are going to get?

The penalties are excessive:

4 game penality will be appealed and brought to 2 games. Brady giving gifts to guys he claims he didn't even know worked in the building. Also calling them into the quarterbacks room after the discovered balls, and before their were people suggested as doing it. Hernandez also just happened to be at the same deserted lot as Lloyd?

$1 Million, is going to charity and is a tax write off

1st pick extremely excessive being Kraft and the Coaching staff were cleared of everything

4th Round pick, probably due to the press conference Kraft gave at the Super Bowl week where he ripped the NFL and the accusations pretty heavily, still excessive with the organization as a whole being cleared.

+10000

who knows how many close games this affected... maybe zero, maybe 1-5... who can say? If it was unnecessary, why do it at all?

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
While I believe it to be stupid to try I disagree that it wouldn't "do anything at all".

It is definitely easier to throw and catch an underinflated ball.

However, the penalty is too severe.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222095 said:
However, the penalty is too severe.

Why? What would be a reasonable penalty? He flat out lied to everyone as well. Not only did he cheat(yeah, he did) but then chose to lie and not cooperate. If your boss asked you to provide emails or texts pertaining to your job you would supply them I imagine, right? Brady refused. This isn't a criminal case that needs the "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold.

I think 4 games is probably light.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n222149 said:
Why? What would be a reasonable penalty? He flat out lied to everyone as well. Not only did he cheat(yeah, he did) but then chose to lie and not cooperate. If your boss asked you to provide emails or texts pertaining to your job you would supply them I imagine, right? Brady refused. This isn't a criminal case that needs the "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold.

I think 4 games is probably light.

First, they didn't ask for just some emails, they asked for his phone. Would you be willing to give your boss free access to your entire phone?

The suspension will be reduced most likely, but the issue I would have is the fine and draft picks. If the report shows that the head office had no idea about this, then why are they being punished?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n222153 said:
First, they didn't ask for just some emails, they asked for his phone. Would you be willing to give your boss free access to your entire phone?

The suspension will be reduced most likely, but the issue I would have is the fine and draft picks. If the report shows that the head office had no idea about this, then why are they being punished?

McKay with ATL got suspended and he had no knowledge of the piped in noise. I think that Spygate definitely influenced the team punishment and the ball boys are TEAM employees not Brady's.

Brady got lucky. I read he also had the option to provide copies of texts and emails pertaining to the case. Why not provide those to CLEAR your name? He declined that as well. I'm sure they were self incriminating. Dude is guilty.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the point the media missed. Why all this hoopla about underinflated balls giving Brady an edge? Go back to 2013 or the regular season and the Playoffs in 2014. Brady's passing was a non factor in the games against the Indianapolis Colts. The Patriots took down the Colts in 2013 and 2014 with a run blitzkrieg. In fact the Colt D was so pathetic against the run Tennessee or Florida could have rung up 200 yards rushing. Does it make sense that the Patriots organization would be part of a diabolical plot to give the best quarterback in the NFL, Tom Brady, some kind of edge in a passing game the Patriots would not even need to employ against the Colts?

So Tommy Boy enters the 2015 with a black mark on his reputation. I think Brady and the Patriots will rally and use this bogus witch hunt as added incentive to repeat as Super Bowl Champions.

Dec 10, 2014
The suspension seems right. The fine and draft picks seem wrong and capricious. The NFL needs to start setting some templates/standards for how to dole out punishment that the player's association signs off on. Every time this situation comes up, the NFL is looking like a joke. I think it also hurts the integrity of the investigation that it took four months to conclude.

I don't have a problem with the NFL punishing based on what likely happened. They aren't a court of criminal law. No reasonable doubt there.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n222155 said:
McKay with ATL got suspended and he had no knowledge of the piped in noise. I think that Spygate definitely influenced the team punishment and the ball boys are TEAM employees not Brady's.

Brady got lucky. I read he also had the option to provide copies of texts and emails pertaining to the case. Why not provide those to CLEAR your name? He declined that as well. I'm sure they were self incriminating. Dude is guilty.

I have no issue at all with the Brady suspension. The report shows that he lied about knowing nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.