Brady to be suspended

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n222155 said:
McKay with ATL got suspended and he had no knowledge of the piped in noise. I think that Spygate definitely influenced the team punishment and the ball boys are TEAM employees not Brady's.

Brady got lucky. I read he also had the option to provide copies of texts and emails pertaining to the case. Why not provide those to CLEAR your name? He declined that as well. I'm sure they were self incriminating. Dude is guilty.

Brady offered the texts that he thought pertained, they wanted them all. I can understand both sides. But they were asking for all the information, not just a select group.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222177 said:
Brady offered the texts that he thought pertained, they wanted them all. I can understand both sides. But they were asking for all the information, not just a select group.

Yeah, seems overly intrusive. I thought they gave him the option to provide certain ones and the ability to redact other stuff. Oh well, it is all moot. He'll probably get a one game reduction....maybe two.

I think that is light for lying to your employers and embarrassing the shield.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222177 said:

Sort of like Hillary who we seem to think is hiding something. Now if he wanted a third party to sort them I could respect that but you have to cooperate or else.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
There should be NO picks taken and no games suspended. There should only be the $1 Million dollar fine.

That amount would show that the NFL takes this seriously. That amount also seems like a shyt ton to the common watcher of NFL games. The fan base would think that's suficient.

The organization could choose to ante it up alone or dole out compensation measures to whom they feel was negligent/responsible.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222199 said:
There should be NO picks taken and no games suspended. There should only be the $1 Million dollar fine.

That amount would show that the NFL takes this seriously. That amount also seems like a shyt ton to the common watcher of NFL games. The fan base would think that's suficient.

The organization could choose to ante it up alone or dole out compensation measures to whom they feel was negligent/responsible.

I view it as the suspension is the only part that makes sense. The organization was cleared outside of three employees. Brady, who is being suspended and two field employees who should be fired. The picks and fine are excessive, the suspension is actually getting the main party involved and shows the league doesn't want people breaking the rules, and publicly misleading about said actions.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222083 said:
So did these things happen on the football field? Did they effect the outcome of the game? Because that would be the integrity of the game.

The NFL has no integrity.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n222198 said:
Sort of like Hillary who we seem to think is hiding something. Now if he wanted a third party to sort them I could respect that but you have to cooperate or else.

Wheither or not he would be or she is, the opportunity is there. It is our skeptical nature that would make us believe you are (except for Brady/Patriot fans).

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
OK but where is it proven that Brady was responsible.

Without providing guilt to Brady I don't see how they can (should) punish him. Put it on the organization.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n222206 said:
The NFL has no integrity.

outside of what is on the field, does any professional sports league?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222199 said:

I think $1 million is a pittance compared to the BILLIONS the NFL makes. Chump change. It's like fining Brady $25,000. It's not much in the grand scheme of things.

Didn't the team refuse to have the ball boys available for a 2nd interview?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222209 said:
OK but where is it proven that Brady was responsible.

Without providing guilt to Brady I don't see how they can (should) punish him. Put it on the organization.

Did they prove Hernandez pulled the tigger? If you have a guy giving gifts to the guys he claims not to know, and then having a meeting with them after the balls were found for the first time in their decade long career with the team. Eventually enough circumstantial evidence points to a person being involved.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222210 said:
outside of what is on the field, does any professional sports league?

I just find their use of the term "integrity of the game" completely laughable. It's all a big show to keep them in the media during the offseason...other than their wife-beating, drug-dealing, dog-fighting, serial murdering players.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
T REX;n222214 said:
I think $1 million is a pittance compared to the BILLIONS the NFL makes. Chump change. It's like fining Brady $25,000. It's not much in the grand scheme of things.

Didn't the team refuse to have the ball boys available for a 2nd interview?

You love to judge the value and spending of other people's money.

Although I don't disagree w/your point, it's not your money or decision. We can have our opinions but all others vs mine is just wrong.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n222225 said:
I just find their use of the term "integrity of the game" completely laughable. It's all a big show to keep them in the media during the offseason...other than their wife-beating, drug-dealing, dog-fighting, serial murdering players.

and that whole list has nothing to do with the "integrity of the game". The top percent of any major skilled profession is going to get away with a lot, because they are specialized and the best at what they do. Don't blame them because we as a society allow it.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
TheDouglas78;n222218 said:
Did they prove Hernandez pulled the tigger? If you have a guy giving gifts to the guys he claims not to know, and then having a meeting with them after the balls were found for the first time in their decade long career with the team. Eventually enough circumstantial evidence points to a person being involved.

A case of laws & courts vs no laws & no courts.

Apple, meet Orange.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222231 said:
A case of laws & courts vs no laws & no courts.

Apple, meet Orange.

Then why are you so worried about the burden of proof? The NFL thought there was enough for Brady, and not the Team. You are the one arguing the other way around.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n222229 said:
and that whole list has nothing to do with the "integrity of the game". The top percent of any major skilled profession is going to get away with a lot, because they are specialized and the best at what they do. Don't blame them because we as a society allow it.

It has everything to do with the integrity of the game. Allowing convicted felons to participate in the game at the highest level makes a complete joke of the NFL. Its nothing more than big business. The "sport" and "integrity" of it died years ago.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n222227 said:

th

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
TheDouglas78;n222235 said:
Then why are you so worried about the burden of proof? The NFL thought there was enough for Brady, and not the Team. You are the one arguing the other way around.

I'm not and haven't used that term or argument. My point above (post #89) is that I don't see where they've shown any evidence that the QB had something to do with this. So for them to just come out and WHAM give the QB 4 games is ludicrous.

Dec 10, 2014
Jand3k;n222227 said:

Although I don't disagree w/your point, it's not your money or decision. We can have our opinions but all others vs mine is just wrong.

Indeed, and he's quite bad at making the spending decisions of other people's money... and getting the sand out of his vagina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.