BREAKING - Dr. Kent Fuchs of Cornell chosen 12th UF President

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This part of the statement was terrifying:

I'm aware that the football program has had some rocky times recently, but I've been assured it's in good hands. I believe in taking an adequate amount of time to evaluate all personnel before making any decisions. I've always been a firm believer that football coaches should be given a minimum of five years to properly implement their goals."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80766 said:

I'm aware that the football program has had some rocky times recently, but I've been assured it's in good hands. I believe in taking an adequate amount of time to evaluate all personnel before making any decisions. I've always been a firm believer that football coaches should be given a minimum of five years to properly implement their goals."

:lmao:

Let the depression set in fellas. Can't wait to see how many of you finally take the leap off the ledge.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80766 said:

:eek:hnoes2:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n80737 said:
Seriously, exactly how much acid did they drop before the creation of that video?

Grace Slick's acid trip with that White Rabbit was much, much better....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So now we're talking about Muschamp getting another year?

For Fuch's sake.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some are saying it's five years AFTER he comes on in January, not from when Muschamp was hired.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee guys don't bother a new president with Football or any sports. He has a university to run, he needs to focus on running it not worrying about Football etc. In my opinion with the fire wall we have he should have only some power and that should be used only if a very severe issue occurs, otherwise Foley is in charge with input from Bull Gators. Of course he does have a role in student conduct as he might in any case. Nothing should happen that requires his input, recent activities should be very rare to nonexistent.

Now I remember a discussion from some board on "real Gators". I welcome all fans and supporters of UF, after all Mr. Two Bits never attended and he is a premier supporter of UF especially the football team.

My university is an educational institution first, they improve the state of Florida with many services (Agriculture, Shands, research, to mention some). Then they have various sports teams that we find very interesting and important. That is great, but the president is to run the university and as I understand it there are many issues for him to work on other than what Football coach we might have. I hope he goes to games and supports teams to be a part of Gator Nation, but if he is too busy at work to do so I want him to focus on his job.

Thanks for listening if you did.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good, when he gets here he can tell Muschamp to go Fuchs himself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what's sadder about this thread: the fact that people still haven't picked up on the fact that his name is pronounced "Fox," or the fact that several of you have never seen the "What Does the Fox Say?" video. :facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80828 said:
I don't know what's sadder about this thread: the fact that people still haven't picked up on the fact that his name is pronounced "Fox," or the fact that several of you have never seen the "What Does the Fox Say?" video. :facepalm:

We've all seen how it's supposed to be pronounced, but the way it's spelled is just too fun to ignore on a message board.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;80828 said:
Go bury your face in a sad Fuchs hole

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80828 said:

In their defense, the most common pronunciations are either fyooks or fooks. It is the German word for fox.

I have no answer to the video. I thought everybody saw it too.

Alex.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n80717 said:
Starts the 1st of Jan, eh?

I guess all those who poo=poo'd the possibility of him potentially being in place to weigh in are, in a word, wrong.

Extending personal particular experience to another is prone to error.
Maybe your school doesn't have its **** together.

Yeah, I misunderestimated how quickly UF could act, based on what my university did. Evidently UF, or Florida universities, in general, are not constrained by any fiscal year end (unless it's December 31). Here in GA, the USG FY begins on July 1, and thus it was just easier for us to have our current president (and new deans start on this date, too) start at the beginning of the new fiscal year. My bad. BTW, I teach at Armstrong State University, in Savannah.

In any case, I really don't think that the new president will have much, if any, input as to whether Muschamp is kept or not.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80766 said:

He actually said that - the day he was announced? I would have imagined he would have had nothing to say about football, or any athletics today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.