Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Continuation of this thread:

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-...ing-source-hugh-freeze-is-top-coaching-target

I got info recently from a source that I actually find more trustworthy than any of the others. I'm told Hugh Freeze is the top target of the coaching search and UF is preparing an offer that he hopefully cannot refuse. Trust me when I tell you this info is solid.

I do not know who any fallback candidates are at this time. However, I have also been told that Bob Stoops would be willing to make the jump if the money is right. It's all about the money.

Discuss.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still think either Freeze or Stoops will do great here. One game doesn't determine anything

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've come to the conclusion that we often reject candidates just because we don't like the poster that suggests them. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n114381 said:
I still think either Freeze or Stoops will do great here. One game doesn't determine anything

There is a common thread for Freeze between both losses and the games that have had issues with. The same type of decissions that Muschamp was making the last two years. It apparently easier to coach at Florida and the expectations are not the same according to some people.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114383 said:
I've come to the conclusion that we often reject candidates just because we don't like the poster that suggests them. :lol:

I like you Ox, I just don't like Freeze for UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n114384 said:
There is a common thread for Freeze between both losses and the games that have had issues with. The same type of decissions that Muschamp was making the last two years. It apparently easier to coach at Florida and the expectations are not the same according to some people.
No, the expectations are not the same, but it is easier to coach at Florida than Ole Miss. Better recruiting pool and an easier schedule.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I just think today illustrates how much QB play can effect ones opinion of the HC. Many like to bang on Muschamp for his run first persona. But the truth is a wide variety of offenses are effective with an efficient QB that takes care of the ball and can convert 3rd downs. We haven't had that since Tebow. That is the reason we have coaching threads.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114386 said:
No, the expectations are not the same, but it is easier to coach at Florida than Ole Miss. Better recruiting pool and an easier schedule.

Easier schedule? Sure, the last couple of years the East has been down...but historically it's not an easy schedule.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have a couple of young talented qbs one of em is going to make the next coach look good imo

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114386 said:

You can't use the easier schedule argument when most seasons we are considered to having one of the hardest schedules in the Nation every year. Which division is more dominate is cyclical. Alabama is consistantly great, LSU is consistantly good, Auburn is hit or miss the last decade, TAM has been good for the 3 years they have been in, Arkansas is just getting back off its ass, and two Mississippi Schools. Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Tennesse our are divisions Mississippi Schools and Arkansas. Georgia, Missouri, and USCe have been our consistently above average to good. We are supposed to be Alabama of our division. That is the only real difference the last 5 years, the East is missing their jaugernaut due to poor coaching and roster management.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n114393 said:
I think we have a couple of young talented qbs one of em is going to make the next coach look good imo

Gundy? Call it T.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Freeze, if we fail on a ton of other fronts. So we'd have to fail with: Kelly, Harbaugh, Patterson, Briles, McElwain, Stoops, Carroll, Petrino, and Franklin.

Yes, I know that there are 3 NFL coaches in that list. But from anybody with any type of sales background, you're never going to sell anybody if you don't call on them.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n114418 said:
I like Freeze, if we fail on a ton of other fronts. So we'd have to fail with: Kelly, Harbaugh, Patterson, Briles, McElwain, Stoops, Carroll, Petrino, and Franklin.

Yes, I know that there are 3 NFL coaches in that list. But from anybody with any type of sales background, you're never going to sell anybody if you don't call on them.

Carrol coming to UF? Man I wish :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Keep this thread about Freeze. You can fantasize about other coaches in the other thread. Pete Carroll? :lmao:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n114418 said:

I got slapped a lot in my day

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n114418 said:

If you're a telemarketer I'm done with you

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
I'm not that high on Freeze. It seems like he has been pretty good for Ole Miss but doesn't have a sustained record of winning.

In short, we could do worse but we could also do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.