Buckle up, it's Will Grier time

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176842 said:
Morningwood was better than Driskel and probably Grier at that time. He's very accurate. Somewhat Wuerffelish actually.

:shocked:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176842 said:
Morningwood was better than Driskel and probably Grier at that time. He's very accurate. Somewhat Wuerffelish actually. I bet SOS could make him into at least a serviceable SEC QB. I won't be surprised if Mac makes him into at least a serviceable backup.

Driskel can look ok while wearing a redshirt. I mean an actual red jersey, concrete, don't get excited. It's when he takes it off and starts thinking about the pass rush that everything goes haywire.

When things around Driskel are perfect, he could look pretty good. The problem is football isn't played perfect.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
oxrageous;n176850 said:
I don't disagree, what I was responding to was your point that he "rarely threw for 200 yards", which sounds like he put up pathetic Driskel-like passing numbers. That isn't true. He threw for nearly 10,000 yards at UF.

And if they would have left him the heck alone and let him play in the NFL he would be a winner. Why the heck someone doesnt pick him up is beyond me...well, beyond the whole religion thing I mean...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n176863 said:
And if they would have left him the heck alone and let him play in the NFL he would be a winner. Why the heck someone doesnt pick him up is beyond me...well, beyond the whole religion thing I mean...

Sad that you think his religion is a good reason to not pick him up.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n176866 said:
Sad that you think his religion is a good reason to not pick him up.

I dont think that even remotely. I think its completely stupid. Just pointing out the ONLY obvious reason. I completely and totally respect his faith.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n176863 said:

It isn't just his religion, it is his tape. He had some great comebacks and is 9-7 as a starter. But being a winner in college, doesn't make you a winner in the NFL. He had to work on his game, which who knows if that is truly happening. The worst thing that happened to him was being taken as a 1st round pick, because it removed the true opportunity for him to sit behind someone and learn how to be an NFL quarterback. Urban admitted to not truly having a coach to teach him to read the full field. In the NFL you can get away with running at first, but you have to be able to pass with better effectiveness to continue to be productive.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n176869 said:
I dont think that even remotely. I think its completely stupid. Just pointing out the ONLY obvious reason. I completely and totally respect his faith.

Ok, I guess I misread your comment. My bad. :highfive:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Tebow would have got a spot somewhere to learn more if not for all the media attention. Teams figured it wasn't worth it for a backup QB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176842 said:
Morningwood was better than Driskel and probably Grier at that time. He's very accurate. Somewhat Wuerffelish actually. I bet SOS could make him into at least a serviceable SEC QB. I won't be surprised if Mac makes him into at least a serviceable backup.

Driskel can look ok while wearing a redshirt. I mean an actual red jersey, concrete, don't get excited. It's when he takes it off and starts thinking about the pass rush that everything goes haywire.

You must have never watched the wide view Georgia Southern game. Morningwood's accuracy was terrible except on dump offs. He made Driskel look good probably. He looked good in the Spring game but all of them did with that vanilla defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n176878 said:
Morningwood's accuracy was terrible except on dump offs.
Timing is the word you are looking for.

The first thing Roper said about Mwood was that he was very accurate.

We'll see how it goes. With the OL depth being the worst I remember, to include the probation years, we'll probably see all three QBs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n176850 said:
I don't disagree, what I was responding to was your point that he "rarely threw for 200 yards", which sounds like he put up pathetic Driskel-like passing numbers. That isn't true. He threw for nearly 10,000 yards at UF.
Well, in 2009 he had seven games in which he didn't throw for 200, Charleston, Troy, Tinerc, Kintucky, Corndog, Cowbell, Ugly, and Spurcocks. He had 7 more in 2008. In 2007, he only had one.

Rarely was probably the wrong word, but sub 200 yard games were common. (Again, I blame that on piss poor OCs rather than him. 2007 and Cincy showed he was clearly capable.)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...lege/tim-tebow

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n176842 said:
I mean an actual red jersey, concrete, don't get excited.
You mean we might be able to get another year of suckage out of him......oh, I forgot he transferred:banana:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n176834 said:
Funny thing is that after watching that spring game I thought that Morningweg looked as good or better than Driskel and even Grier. If I'm not mistaken he threw for a couple of TD's that looked well thrown fwiw....Then again I fell for Ropers bs about Driskel, hook, line and sinker....
Morningwood can't play at all, not even a little. He might have looked accurate in his HS tape or when there is no actual defense but he literally can't get off a pass at this level because his release is beyond slow. He has an odd double to triple step back and forth motion in order to get to his feet set to throw. If he ever plays another game for us we are beyond screwed.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
lagator;n177532 said:
Morningwood can't play at all, not even a little. He might have looked accurate in his HS tape or when there is no actual defense but he literally can't get off a pass at this level because his release is beyond slow. He has an odd double to triple step back and forth motion in order to get to his feet set to throw. If he ever plays another game for us we are beyond screwed.

He wont. There is better talent in camp.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
lagator;n177532 said:

Probably the soft defense we ran in the spring game. I would feel more comfortable with Harris as backup, assuming Grier wins the starting job, if we needed a back up due to injury. Either way I doubt we'll have to see Morninweg behind center unless it's mop up duty.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n176872 said:
It isn't just his religion, it is his tape. He had some great comebacks and is 9-7 as a starter. But being a winner in college, doesn't make you a winner in the NFL. He had to work on his game, which who knows if that is truly happening. The worst thing that happened to him was being taken as a 1st round pick, because it removed the true opportunity for him to sit behind someone and learn how to be an NFL quarterback. Urban admitted to not truly having a coach to teach him to read the full field. In the NFL you can get away with running at first, but you have to be able to pass with better effectiveness to continue to be productive.
Look at the the tape of 90 percent of the freaking back ups in the league. The only reason Tebow isn't on a roster is the media circus that follows.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n176878 said:
You must have never watched the wide view Georgia Southern game. Morningwood's accuracy was terrible except on dump offs. He made Driskel look good probably. He looked good in the Spring game but all of them did with that vanilla defense.
You obviously didn't watch your boy treon vs eastern Kentucky or east Carolina. And unlike morningwig, treon had a healthy offensive line in front of him. Matter of fact by the time morningwig damn near everyone was out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n177607 said:
Look at the the tape of 90 percent of the freaking back ups in the league. The only reason Tebow isn't on a roster is the media circus that follows.

And his completion percentage. They wouldn't give a damn about the media circus if he was completing 75% of his passes. It's a combination of the circus and him still being a project. No one wants the distraction that the media brings from a 2nd or 3rd string QB. I'm not blaming Tim, but it is what it is. He's got a very bright future in broadcasting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n177621 said:
And his completion percentage. They wouldn't give a damn about the media circus if he was completing 75% of his passes. It's a combination of the circus and him still being a project. No one wants the distraction that the media brings from a 2nd or 3rd string QB. I'm not blaming Tim, but it is what it is. He's got a very bright future in broadcasting.
What I'm saying is he's good enough to be a back up your kinda proving my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator