Bullschit win?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Been lucky twice

Having been at all 3 so far, you can see the fatigue in the crowd as well. Tough few games to start with, and all at night, so there’s that. But you can’t expect people to show up and be 100% every week, with each game being a stressful event. Fans will lose their interest because there’s never a break. This was probably one of only two chances to give them an easy going fun night. And once again, it turned into a disaster mail biter. None of this is sustainable.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Having been at all 3 so far, you can see the fatigue in the crowd as well. Tough few games to start with, and all at night, so there’s that. But you can’t expect people to show up and be 100% every week, with each game being a stressful event. Fans will lose their interest because there’s never a break. This was probably one of only two chances to give them an easy going fun night. And once again, it turned into a disaster mail biter. None of this is sustainable.

Can we blow out E. Wash?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I’m all for bagging on the staff. But I also think it’s time to start asking some serious questions about AR. This is a complete 180 for me from about 8 this morning. But he is a tremendous athlete that has not shown the ability to consistently play QB at this level. Not defending Mullen, or Napier or anyone else. It’s just time to recognize that he may not be what we thought.
I think that the coaches are trying to squeeze him into something that he is not. Just my opinion, but if AR is our QB then they just need to let him play. He's obviously way overthinking, and now he is a headcase. It's too bad, really, because proper coaching would have never allowed that to happen.
I am VERY disappointed with this coaching staff right now.
I really hope that they get it together.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think that the coaches are trying to squeeze him into something that he is not. Just my opinion, but if AR is our QB then they just need to let him play. He's obviously way overthinking, and now he is a headcase. It's too bad, really, because proper coaching would have never allowed that to happen.
I am VERY disappointed with this coaching staff right now.
I really hope that they get it together.

I can kind of see where youre coming from with this but in reality the coaches arent asking him to learn a complex scheme. AR is literally missing throws that most of us see completed routinely at the high school level...You can't just "let a guy play" when his version of playing is trying to out run and out athleticism everyone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can kind of see where youre coming from with this but in reality the coaches arent asking him to learn a complex scheme. AR is literally missing throws that most of us see completed routinely at the high school level...You can't just "let a guy play" when his version of playing is trying to out run and out athleticism everyone.

This. I think Missouri may even have a point. But we keep moving all the chairs around and there seems to be one consistent theme. I couldn’t tell you how many times people in my section saw an open receiver well before he did, if he did at all. As I said last week, when he’s on he’s great. But when he’s off, it’s as bad as anything you’ve ever seen. Hopefully that changes with age. But you simply can’t have that type of inconsistency with your starting QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He is starting to mentally check out. I think he has limitations that are becoming apparent as well, but this has been tough to watch. I thought for sure he’d bounce back and be the star we’ve expected him to be tonight. And even if it didn’t tell us too much because of it being Usf, it would be a confidence boost. Instead, it got worse. That back foot pass to a LB was a towel throw moment in my eyes. No chance he makes it through the whole season. Sucks, but a reality.
It's possible that he's playing injured. He underwent knee surgery in the off-season right? It's the only thing that can explain his lack of production, scrambling since the Utah game. Of course it's obviously not a good thing if he can't get and stay healthy, but it could at least explain some of the Jekyll & Hyde play.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
AR will not finish the season. Its sad, so much potential, but he is definitely a broken dude right now. The play calling has not been horrible, he has open receivers, he is missing reads, and when he doesn't, he is missing easy throws. Miller will be inserted as soon as he is available. Will he be any better? Who knows. Its going to be a rough ride. I think we were all buying into the AR is generational talent thing

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Really just trying to still process all that I witnessed last night. Several things stick out right now..

AR is not being asked to learn a complex offense.
Whether they admit it or not he is playing very tentative. I am not convinced he is somewhat injured. He was doing that hobble thing after the tackle on a scramble.
Combine that with his decision making, awful.
He should not have thrown that ball, and Shorter didn't seem to even know that it was a check off option. Hence last weeks miss on the check that went for a pick six.
Run, Run, Run, until you get it worked out.
If they're spying AR, you're a run team, why not use some speed option? If I had a $ for every time an End or LB squatted watching him, we could all buy OX a year's worth of Zima's.

I haven't even thought of the Defense yet. But I will say this. All the young guys got a lot of PT. Time to grow up and welcome to the SEC.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Preface: I’m mildly wine-drunk.

It’s very important that we set emotions aside and step back and look at the big picture. There are countless examples of growing pains in the first year of a new regime (Saban, Kirby, etc.). Knee-jerk reactions that say “Fire Napier” after game three make us as a fan base look incredibly stupid.

I’m 1000% convinced that AR is playing through a knee injury. Our LBs were playing high school a year ago. The offensive scheme is VERY different from what we were running a year ago. (Montrell needs 3x the carries that he’s getting. He understands how to run behind a zone blocking scheme. It’s actually incredibly fun to watch him sit back and wait for the hole to develop.)

Give it some time. Accept that growing pains are normal (albeit painful). Judge after year 2-3. Any judgements after year 1 are wildly premature.
I think it is an ankle injury, that he was hurt on the first play last week. All of the running backs looked good. The offensive line is the exact opposite of the Trask years. Run block well, not very good in pass protection. We could not stoop the run for crap.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This. I think Missouri may even have a point. But we keep moving all the chairs around and there seems to be one consistent theme. I couldn’t tell you how many times people in my section saw an open receiver well before he did, if he did at all. As I said last week, when he’s on he’s great. But when he’s off, it’s as bad as anything you’ve ever seen. Hopefully that changes with age. But you simply can’t have that type of inconsistency with your starting QB.

It seemed like last night, that he had plenty of chances to dump it off to his back out of the backfield, but he just kept trying to force it downfield.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We'll probably blow UT out.
This is what scared me most about Napier. He isn't known for blowing teams out. I believe his last year at ULL he had 7 or 8 1 score games when he was one of the most talented teams in his conference. To his credit he was able to build up their roster, he just wasn't able to dominate with it like the better game day coaches do. Winning games by 1 score when your favored by almost 4 touch downs will never sit well at Florida.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Personally I like Napier, I saw check downs open for 5-6 yards. That’s what wins ball games. Not the unnecessary “play making” throws.
I wish I could attend a game in person and see the whole field. I find it hard to believe that the coverage is that good that there aren't open rec. I think his problem is his inability to throw guys open and the routes and have an idea where the ball needs to go pre snap. Trask was one of the best I have ever seen at that.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
We are a hair on a gnats arse from being 0-3. Need a week of transformative practice to kick UT tooth in

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Personally I like Napier, I saw check downs open for 5-6 yards. That’s what wins ball games. Not the unnecessary “play making” throws.
It's too bad AR couldn't see them. Are you available to be his QB coach????? The title is "Assistant Director of QB visioneering" It reports directly to the HC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator