Butch Jones: It takes six or seven years

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, there's an HC that knows how to inspire the players he now has. ?? Idiot mouth.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I guess things move a little slower for Botch. Mac did it in about 6-7 months. Just an idiot trying to save his arse.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Am I being presumptuous when I say "15nessee?"

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
GatorBart;307653 said:
Coach Mac says otherwise.

Well in all fairness, we're comparing UF to ut. Which is more contrast than comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
TN G8tr;307662 said:
I guess things move a little slower for Botch. Mac did it in about 6-7 months. Just an idiot trying to save his arse.

Don't tell dork. He thinks ut is prepping for the Renaissance 3.0 while we continue to luck our way through 11 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, he said to "build" a program. Our issues were a ****ty HC, weak OL, lack of depth at LB, and poor overall offensive play. We had most of the parts in place. Butch is right....they didn't have a program.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In all fairness, Winning 8 games isn't the same thing as building a program.

It's really too early to say Mac has built a program..... He did get the IPF built but most of his players were recruited by mischamp.

I think it is obvious that Mac is a better game day coach and can put players in position to be successful. But to say "He's built a program", no, not yet.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
alcoholica;n307680 said:
To be fair, he said to "build" a program. Our issues were a ****ty HC, weak OL, lack of depth at LB, and poor overall offensive play. We had most of the parts in place. Butch is right....they didn't have a program.
Mac also completely overhauled, rebuilt and added staff to the football dept. Muschamp didn't do any of that.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Turk182;n307694 said:
In all fairness, Winning 8 games isn't the same thing as building a program.

It's really too early to say Mac has built a program..... He did get the IPP built but most of his players were recruited by mischamp.

I think it is obvious that Mac is a better game day coach and can put players in position to be successful. But to say "He's built a program", no, not yet.

I don't disagree with you that it is too early to say that Mac has "built" a program. However the biggest thing about building a program is creating buy-in and establishing a mentality that you are supposed to win. Mac has already done that.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n307695 said:
Mac also completely overhauled, rebuilt and added staff to the football dept. Muschamp didn't do any of that.

With the exception of the better Coaching, doesn't Foley get credit for the facility and staff upgrades also?

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n307699 said:
With the exception of the better Coaching, doesn't Foley get credit for the facility and staff upgrades also?
Not on this board :lol2:

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I stated this in another thread, but the contract Botch is currently in has him there until 2020 and the buyout is $4M. He can say whatever he wants because I doubt that program has the money to pay him to go away. Too many years of being an also ran.

Kiffin and Dooley did their part, but UT screwed up with how they handled Fat Phil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.