Byron Cowart

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a few on this board that have bashed him. But mostly everyone thinks the kid was truly torn. I think he was a little dramaturgical today. But whatever. Would have loved to have had him sign but CeCe's better off the edge and it's pass rushers that we need. Plus CeCe's funny and has a great personality. Not that Byron doesn't. I just like CeCe.

However, I didn't know that he almost committed to FSux at the Under Armor game. I thought we were leading at that time.

[video]http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1510555-byron-cowart-the-backstory?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite&hootPostID=aa830bd0006fb95944145ace855e7634[/video]

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I'm driving this morning and I switch over to my sports radio station (way far out of SEC market) and they are saying Cowart held a Chucky doll during his ESPNU interview. First, I'm totally stoked, like Chucky means he's coming to FL, then. . . Auburn. Well, these local radio guys have no earthly idea what the heck Chucky has to do with football, and they are just flummoxed x dumbfounded x creeped out. I have to agree, why the Chucky doll if you ain't Easley'n it?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I told you earlier but my post was sent to the dungeon. Cowart is a cancer and I am relieved he is not here. I cant stand the kid. I truly am glad he is not here. I would have liked to have Holland but oh well. I truly think we dodged a bullet. Cowart is a "we gonna do it!" type guy, as long as he is the focal point of it all. I think we really scored today. The chucky doll ? really, how are you going to use that when it is not even a Auburn tradition ? The only thing he was torn about was how he would make both coaches (Champ and Mac) want him even more. Fowler and Easley need to tell that clown he is not welcome to use UF traditions, it makes him look silly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holland was never interested and he's an outside backer/buck. Not really what we needed anyway.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n170446 said:
Holland was never interested and he's an outside backer/buck. Not really what we needed anyway.

and Holland admitted that UF backed off of him

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n170435 said:
I told you earlier but my post was sent to the dungeon. Cowart is a cancer and I am relieved he is not here. I cant stand the kid. I truly am glad he is not here. I would have liked to have Holland but oh well. I truly think we dodged a bullet. Cowart is a "we gonna do it!" type guy, as long as he is the focal point of it all. I think we really scored today. The chucky doll ? really, how are you going to use that when it is not even a Auburn tradition ? The only thing he was torn about was how he would make both coaches (Champ and Mac) want him even more. Fowler and Easley need to tell that clown he is not welcome to use UF traditions, it makes him look silly.

Agree...too much "I" and not enough "Team". Holland would have been a good get, but not a great loss. We'll see how it all plays out...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Same people bashing him and badmouthing him would have been laying their coats at his feet and building shrines to him if he had signed with us. Don't think too much into it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;170457 said:
Same people bashing him and badmouthing him would have been laying their coats at his feet and building shrines to him if he had signed with us. Don't think too much into it.

No doubt that he's a top talent.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n170463 said:
No doubt that he's a top talent.

Agreed, but he's far from the first top talent to spurn us for another program, and he's far from the last. Fans need to act like they've been there before.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of people were sure he was coming due to clutch twitter nonsense despite all the other indicators.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n170472 said:
Plenty of people were sure he was coming due to twitter nonsense despite all the other indicators.

Then plenty of people are idiots for believing everything they read on Twitter.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I truly believe Cowart chose what he thought was right but not what his heart wanted. I think his mother was comfortable with Muschamp and she chose for him!! Which Sucks for him and her, cause who's gonna look out for him when Muschamp bails in a year or two!!! If your hearts not in it you'll never give 100%. I know people will say he was trolling but I believe if he truly wanted to go to Auburn that LOI would have been sent in right after the announcement. It's because it's what his mother wanted and he tried to convince her other wise. She wasn't going to have him come here where she did not know the coaches like she did Muschamp...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Almost nobody had him signing with us. Then last night a couple BSPN twitterers changed their pick to UF and got people excited. Nothing ever made me think he was signing with us. He never even acknowledged our program on social media for the last 2-3 weeks. I thought CeCe was a 60/40 for us. And Ivey was 90-95% for us.

But it's all good.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he behaved poorly during the whole process. The is no rule that you have to make up your mind by or non NSD. He made the whole thing about him...way too dramatic...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatorfan81;170479 said:
I truly believe Cowart chose what he thought was right but not what his heart wanted. I think his mother was comfortable with Muschamp and she chose for him!! Which Sucks for him and her, cause who's gonna look out for him when Muschamp bails in a year or two!!! If your hearts not in it you'll never give 100%. I know people will say he was trolling but I believe if he truly wanted to go to Auburn that LOI would have been sent in right after the announcement. It's because it's what his mother wanted and he tried to convince her other wise. She wasn't going to have him come here where she did not know the coaches like she did Muschamp...

See, I thought it was the other way around. He wanted to commit to Muschamp but his mother just moved to North Tampa and he would be playing so much closer to her if he attended UF. Thats why there was the delay. Then Ivey and CeCe committed to us.

In the end, she assured him that she was fine with it and he sent his LOI in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator