Byron Cowart

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n170477 said:
Then plenty of people are idiots for believing everything they read on Twitter.

sprmn.gif

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The kid is a great talent that no doubt Dunce will find a way to screw up and make into a CFL'er at best.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cowart is just a kid..... who has made a poorly thought out decision.

Gator Bait!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n170513 said:
Cowart is just a kid..... who has made a poorly thought out decision.

Gator Bait!

Well considering how much better Auburn has been than us the last two years, and considering their need for quality defensive players, I'd say he made a pretty good decision for himself. But then again, none of us really knows what's best for him, but he does.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n170457 said:
Same people bashing him and badmouthing him would have been laying their coats at his feet and building shrines to him if he had signed with us. Don't think too much into it.

This coming from the guy that laid his coat and built a shrine around the former coach.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n170517 said:
This coming from the guy that laid his coat and built a shrine around the former coach.

I don't own a coat, I live in Florida. And I'm not much of a builder, either.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n170518 said:

I don't own a coat, I live in Florida. And I'm not much of a builder, either.

Weak. :swampqueen:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n170492 said:
See, I thought it was the other way around. He wanted to commit to Muschamp but his mother just moved to North Tampa and he would be playing so much closer to her if he attended UF. Thats why there was the delay. Then Ivey and CeCe committed to us.

In the end, she assured him that she was fine with it and he sent his LOI in.
Either way we all can say da da da da da Gator Bait!!! :gator:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n170514 said:
Well considering how much better Auburn has been than us the last two years, and considering their need for quality defensive players, I'd say he made a pretty good decision for himself. But then again, none of us really knows what's best for him, but he does.

Your comment echos my though... If his decision is based on playing football only, I can't fault it but if the decision is about his total life experience then factoring in what a difference being a Gator Hero in Florida would be is major. Football will be over in a few years but his life should be 50/60 years more. Look at how Danny and Tim are worshiped and how that affects their earning potential......

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would have been nice to get him, but he wasn't a need. Plus I think CeCe will show that he is a better DE than Cowart.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n170567 said:
Would have been nice to get him, but he wasn't a need. Plus I think CeCe will show that he is a better DE than Cowart.
I think cece will too. I also like that cece was a gator at the end of the day,no matter what.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cowart made a business decision. I have no ill will towards him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the fans blew things way out of proportion with him. I believe he really was torn between his love for UF (the school and program) and his love for WM. I believe he made a poor decision following the coach instead of going to the school of his childhood dreams and will regret it some day. That said, he's Gator bait now.
:chomp:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Did I want him? Yes. Am I worried we didnt get him? No. Florida is well on its way to being "back" and next year, chump wont be a factor in our recruiting. At least not nearly as much. This staff will have time to build solid relationships now and chump will fear us from here on out.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
-THE DUDE-;n170800 said:
because he wouldn't make grades....

Maybe, but I think it also had to do with character and mental makeup - I believe JMac evaluated and said we don't want him, he wont' help us rebuild the program.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
TLB;n170829 said:
Maybe, but I think it also had to do with character and mental makeup - I believe JMac evaluated and said we don't want him, he wont' help us rebuild the program.

Holland is a head case and screams bust. I could be wrong, but its a telling sign when the chatter was that even the Auburn coaches were getting tired of him during the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator