Callaway cleared

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh you beat me.

@GatorCountry: Huntley Johnson confirms that #Gators WR Antonio Callaway was found NOT responsible in Title IX sexual assault investigation.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not really a surprise since the accuser and her witnesses didn't attend, but nice to see anyway.

Sep 29, 2015
This would be the end of the story but for the booster serving as the adjudicator. Unforced error. I agree with UF that objectively it shouldn't make a difference, but in this Title IX climate, it was a poor choice. I still think it will be little more than blip, but we will hear about it at some point.

With that said, I cannot freaking wait to see Callaway destroy the SEC with a competent quarterback this year.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
His defense was that he was stoned out of his mind, too stoned to initiate sex. Rock solid defense and one we can all feel confident in and get behind. High five!

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I'm not celebrating as much as I am just ready to get this whole thing behind us. Although if the biggest consequence of this is no more Treon...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So where's those morons that said they wanted him off the team regardless of the outcome...

Sure h
His defense was that he was stoned out of his mind, too stoned to initiate sex. Rock solid defense and one we can feel confident in and get behind. High five!

:ban2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not really a surprise since the accuser and her witnesses didn't attend, but nice to see anyway.

Her witnesses couldn't testify to actually seeing the alleged assault ? What friends would stand by, watching
a girl get sexually assaulted while hearing her loudly say "no --- no" -- several times ? I'd suppose they could only
testify that the saw her and Callaway pair off ?

And Callaway was disallowed bringing witnesses that had experience with her prior sexual behavior, surely
involving some grade of promiscuity ? I hate implying that, but even for any John Doe, when the charge is
non-rape (no rape-kit proof), with no immediate interviews by LEs trained in sexual abuse evidence, who
should we doubt ?

Still, I'm a reasonable man on these things; I think she should sue FSU.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
tumblr_m6ngd04Oyk1rxevt4o1_400.gif

Now let's play some FOOTBALL!!

and folks, the man's name is CALLAWAY!!! not Call-O-way. Geezus Chistus.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I just don't get this crap. She basically held him hostage for 8 months saying she was sexually assaulted because she was intoxicated meaning she couldn't give consent. Yet he was as well in some fashion. It's total BS imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator