Callaway injury

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
as funny as this is, i don't think doop is an environmentalist tree hugger. do you see the size of that burger?

and a WRX is a sports car

2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-Launch-Edition-promo-e1454533000667-300x199.jpg
In Seattle - it's Subaru heaven out here. But I didn't know what a WRX was until you posted this photo. Of all the Subaru's I've ever driven (I've driven a lot), the Impreza is by far the worst (feels and sounds like a couple of squirrels moving the thing down the road). Hopefully for Doop's the WRX is 10X better than the standard Impreza. In my previous job, I used to drive a lot of different cars through ZipCar, an hourly car rental company, and I drove many Subaru models. The best is the CrossTrek.
Note: We own a 93 F-150 (bought in Gainesville), a 97 Honda Civic (my commuter car), and a 2006 Escape (the wife's), with Gator bumper stickers and window logos on my two antiques.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
In Seattle - it's Subaru heaven out here. But I didn't know what a WRX was until you posted this photo. Of all the Subaru's I've ever driven (I've driven a lot), the Impreza is by far the worst (feels and sounds like a couple of squirrels moving the thing down the road). Hopefully for Doop's the WRX is 10X better than the standard Impreza. In my previous job, I used to drive a lot of different cars through ZipCar, an hourly car rental company, and I drove many Subaru models. The best is the CrossTrek.
Note: We own a 93 F-150 (bought in Gainesville), a 97 Honda Civic (my commuter car), and a 2006 Escape (the wife's), with Gator bumper stickers and window logos on my two antiques.
The WRX STI is an AMAZING car that few seem to know about... I had several Australian SAS friends that loved theirs... Subarus are big in Oz too... And Idaho... All 4x4 pick ups and Subarus

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I drive a WRX, great car.

I had one, too, a non-STI hatch. My run-around car. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, stronger than a bullet. Loved that car.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Lol, those squirrels you're describing are the sound of the boxer engine. You need to drive a WRX. Beefed up suspension, AWD, turbocharged, a great little car for the money.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely his right quad then. Just sit him and let him rest so he can make UT his b*tch again.

There is no reason to play him this week and yet for some reason I think he will be out there. I don't know why, but I feel like coaches always push players a bit too much. This is a great situation for young WRs to learn and step up against a team we should be able to beat easily.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not only should he not be playing this week, I can't believe he's practicing.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
My biggest problem with thinking "its just north texas" is that's how we end up with games like umass ya know? I want him healthy for Tenn as much as the next guy but we really aren't deep enough or good enough yet to think we can get past anybody with less than all of our arrows in quiver

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
There is no reason to play him this week and yet for some reason I think he will be out there. I don't know why, but I feel like coaches always push players a bit too much. This is a great situation for young WRs to learn and step up against a team we should be able to beat easily.

Mac doesn't want anyone thinking there's ever a time to take a play or game off if you are in condition to go out and do your thing. He wants consistency in commitment and focus every week, every play. It's a risk to be sure and I would hate to see Callaway not go vs UT but I do see where Mac is instilling a team philosophy by establishing that there is no time to slack or not be as serious one week to the next.

Sounds like Antonio has a bruise or contusion that loosened up the more he ran in Tuesday's practice, but the team will still evaluate him after practice today.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac doesn't want anyone thinking there's ever a time to take a play or game off if you are in condition to go out and do your thing. He wants consistency in commitment and focus every week, every play. It's a risk to be sure and I would hate to see Callaway not go vs UT but I do see where Mac is instilling a team philosophy by establishing that there is no time to slack or not be as serious one week to the next.

Sounds like Antonio has a bruise or contusion that loosened up the more he ran in Tuesday's practice, but the team will still evaluate him after practice today.

That is a fair point and I get that we don't want to think this is just "North Texas", but in reality you have to be smart also. What is the risk/reward of the situation? I think Calloway dresses, but how much does he play and does he return punts and kicks..

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway went into that UK game in perfect condition and wound up injured.
He should rest and mend for UT. Let his younger backup(s) play the
entire game. We'll still have Powell, Lewis, Goolsby, Swain, Hammond,
Worton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member