Calvin Ridley's age

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. I know parents who held their kids back 1 year, but never heard of them doing it 2 or more. I have however seen many parents live their lives vicariously through their child's athletic accomplishments. So sad.

Yep I have definitely seen the 1 year hold back with parents blessing with kids at my high school.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I've been struggling to understand how we are recruiting Ridley for next year, and yet Ridley has been a good WR for Alabama this year. NOW....now I understand the older brother Ca-L-vin Ridley is at AL, and the younger brother Ca-vin is who we are recruiting.

Maybe this 'hold them back a year, they ain't ready' starts in the home with parents who can't name children properly?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yep I have definitely seen the 1 year hold back with parents blessing with kids at my high school.
One of the reasons for that also is based on the Rudolph Steiner philosophy of education and giving them an extra year to develop in non left brain skills- starting them in first grade at 7. This also allows most kids, especially the ones who barely make the age cut off for school, an extra year to mature developmentally to help make school an easier learning experience and thus more pleasant. The trend I used to see with the parents pushing their three year olds academically was to enroll them as early as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.