Camp Stock Up/Down

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's amazing how differently this article reads regarding the QB battle compared to the articles found on Gatorsports.com

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
Himey;n262598 said:
It's amazing how differently this article reads regarding the QB battle compared to the articles found on Gatorsports.com

Agreed..I read Mac said the Sun. practice was special and both QB' did really well especially in red zone drills

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Himey;n262598 said:

The articles I have read have been similar to this. Treon struggling with accuracy, especially on the out routes. It appears he simply doesn't have the arm strength to throw those accurately.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks GatorGorilla. Our freshman sound sound.(Our "struggles" with RB makes me think back how good Gillislee was.)

GatorUrf10

Newb
Aug 10, 2015
Based on all the information on Grier/Harris I firmly agree that WG is the starter but I would love to see them both on the field at the same time. Grier at QB with Treon in motion. With the news that Grady appears to be a capable back-up this could be a reality and would give D coordinators a lot to think about.

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
rogdochar;n262627 said:
Thanks GatorGorilla. Our freshman sound sound.(Our "struggles" with RB makes me think back how good Gillislee was.)

NP, the good news is Scarlett and Cronkite have SEC bodies and strength and are both good at catching the ball. Herndon really looked good early before he was sidelined but should be back next week. Even with Lane departing I think we are in good shape. Gillislee was a water bug!!!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That might work as long as Grier doesn't split out wide.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorUrf10;n262629 said:
Based on all the information on Grier/Harris I firmly agree that WG is the starter but I would love to see them both on the field at the same time. Grier at QB with Treon in motion. With the news that Grady appears to be a capable back-up this could be a reality and would give D coordinators a lot to think about.
You picked Avatar for your avatar. Well played sir, well played :lol2:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This was a great article. I do wonder how the author gets the information. Seems like practice is closed or at least I think it is. If it is an accurate reflection of reality it is very positive. I too think that there will be a package for Trevon, he has done what was asked of him by both the previous coaches and the current ones. Let's hope he is more of a Gator than just a player who is looking out for what they think is best. Perhaps he should look at some who have left and done little to nothing to assure themselves a future in football. UF is great at preparing you for life in Florida.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorUrf10;n262629 said:

I also found it interesting that the article went so far to say that Grady could move up into the backup spot presumably over Treon Harris! That is a vastly different opinion than what is being is being put out by Coach Mac.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't buy that there's been a lot of separation at QB. Both QB's do things better than the other

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well as far as I can tell neither opinion is totally without bias. Coach has incentive to make it look close, media might have incentive to say things that get attention and clicks. When we see a game we will have better information, not complete information. Time will tell.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bet if Treon is on the sidelines, he'll be thinking about his emergency replacement of Driskel … the senior starter.
Yet moreso, Mac is a "complete coach", meaning he will find an active on-field operation for Treon … to keep both
athletes tuned up.

Also, I would love for one or both of our freshman RBs to turn out like Chubb did.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we start playing the games yet? I'm ready for the speculation to end and the proof to be shown. Lots of great sounding bits in there, but we've heard it all before...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just like what another poster said... I wonder how much of practice this is based on. If 90% of practice is closed and we are seeing this based on only 10% and only those drills the coaches want us to see then we are really not getting valuable info here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to "we've heard all this before": yeah, bet we heard this about Weurfell and crew … and Grossman and crew … etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator