Camp Stock Up/Down

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Yeah but nobody was talking about Rex until he lit it up in the 2000 LSU game. He was a gamer and an instant star. Sucked in practice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This seems consistent with the opinions of Rivals analysts that did a round table discussion a weeks or so ago. I think we could be ok with either QB, but feel that Grier has much more upper-hand than is being stated.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;262697 said:
Yeah but nobody was talking about Rex until he lit it up in the 2000 LSU game. He was a gamer and an instant star. Sucked in practice.

He was awesome in that game.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
MissouriGator;n262697 said:

Yes. And on the flip-side, as recently as Driskel we had a guy who looked, supposedly, like the clear starter in practice and then melted when the lights came on. Treon has been in the trenches and done pretty well under live fire. Grier hasn't and could very well go deer-in-headlights when he steps onto the field against guys wearing different colored jerseys. We'll see.....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MissouriGator;n262697 said:
Well in his defense, on most practice days he was usually nursing a wicked hangover and hadn't got much sleep after spending the night tapping skanks.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
More and more sources saying Cronkrite is moving ahead of Scarlett at the moment.

Seems like keeping players healthy, particularly at WR, TE, LB, and OL, will be the biggest determining factor in how well the season goes.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
GatorJ;n262705 said:
He was awesome in that game.

He was awesome most of the time until we lost Earnest Graham in the 2001 Auburn game. Rex was a redshirt freshman in 2000 and struggled at times reading defensive schemes. I remember the vandy game was a concern. And then there was the famous "Lito" game against USC east in the swamp which was for the east crown (someone should post a video of that chant). Everybody had to step up for that win. That was a great team win...reminiscent of the 97 win against the crims.

Those were some great times and I'm looking forward to watching this team grow--much in the same way that it happened in 1990. Mac will get it done. It's more fun watching a team grow then watching them on top with ridiculous expectations. It's more fun to be pleasantly surprised. We'll see.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Sousa can't be far away from following Lane to Eastern Wherever State. That guy caught 600 balls in High School but can't even seem to catch balls against air at UF. And it sounds like Matt Rolin is fragile at best, soft at worst.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n262741 said:
Ryan Sousa can't be far away from following Lane to Eastern Wherever State. That guy caught 600 balls in High School but can't even seem to catch balls against air at UF. And it sounds like Matt Rolin is fragile at best, soft at worst.

Maybe Rolin is our next Matt Pachan

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n262598 said:
It's amazing how differently this article reads regarding the QB battle compared to the articles found on Gatorsports.com

Maybe its due to being a pay site. The pay sites were all over Driskel last year claiming he looked so good but it really didn't add up when you looked at it closer with the play by plays etc. As far as this season I don't like hearing about our red zone drill struggles in practice.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good Report and tend to think as well as everyone else that it will be WG that starts. He is the typical QB that Mac likes. He's going to take him and mold him around what he wants and start him for 4 years. He got some good practice at that with Bammer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n262741 said:
Ryan Sousa can't be far away from following Lane to Eastern Wherever State.
Hey, remember when the GS was writing articles about the greatness of the Flipper because he landed a 3 star receiver named Sousa after we lost a handful of 5 stars?

Good times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n262714 said:
More and more sources saying Cronkrite is moving ahead of Scarlett at the moment.

Seems like keeping players healthy, particularly at WR, TE, LB, and OL, will be the biggest determining factor in how well the season goes.

I thought I read the opposite in some articles. That Cronkite was too stiff compared to Scarlett when running the ball.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator Fever;n262777 said:
I thought I read the opposite in some articles. That Cronkite was too stiff compared to Scarlett when running the ball.

KT was giving big props to Cronkrite in an interview last week. Kind of threw in a compliment for JS to be nice. The article posted here notes Cronkrite offers a good option catching balls out of the backfield and that if he gets his pass protection down, he's ready.

I'm hoping JS and JC are the second coming of the Neal Anderson and John L. Williams tandem.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ah..John L was the man. Got to watch him play high school ball along with Jarvis Williams.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n262772 said:
As far as this season I don't like hearing about our red zone drill struggles in practice.

Smoking mirrors that will help us more than you will ever know. ;)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LongTooth;n262790 said:
I'm hoping JS and JC are the second coming of the Neal Anderson and John L. Williams tandem.

I'm imagining a steady flow of 2-3 RBs every season like Alabama has built their offense around. You have OK QBs in their history, and a good WR once in awhile, but always...ALWAYS...a 1-2 and maybe 3 punch of RBs for the season and another 1-2 waiting in line for their turn a season or two down the road. We have KT, and we have our first stable of RBs with JS and JC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another stock report. This one goes in quite a bit on injuries. I didn't realize that Holley's injury was that bad.

[video]https://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1794212[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.