Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone said his bad sec record was bc he was in the west. Well he just lost to the worst team in the east. At home.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It is very clear. Our linemen better get mean or we are in trouble and will be years until MULLEN can change their attitude.

Almost every KY run should have been stopped for loss or short gain. Tackling was abhorrent.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It is very clear. Our linemen better get mean or we are in trouble and will be years until MULLEN can change their attitude.

Almost every KY run should have been stopped for loss or short gain. Tackling was abhorrent.
Sounds just like the last 3 years. Lack of fundamentals again

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Wouldn't you think staff saw in practice what we did in the game? Did an experienced staff think they had an SEC ready OL? It makes you wonder why there's a press conference with a HC who tells us they need to learn how to practice better. Isn't it their job to set the expectation? Something's wrong with this picture. I think Coach Mullen got to comfortable explaining losses in post game pressers.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Wouldn't you think staff saw in practice what we did in the game? Did an experienced staff think they had an SEC ready OL? It makes you wonder why there's a press conference with a HC who tells us they need to learn how to practice better. Isn't it their job to set the expectation? Something's wrong with this picture. I think Coach Mullen got to comfortable explaining losses in post game pressers.

I think Mullen has them practicing. It's the aggressiveness they are lacking. You can coach but you can't make them give an effort.

I think he is realizing what Mac Shark left him. Or should we say didn't?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think Mullen has them practicing. It's the aggressiveness they are lacking. You can coach but you can't make them give an effort.

He sure as hell could run them up and down the stadium steps 2 hours a day, make them do grass drills for the duration of every practice, do man in the middle all practice, etc. I can guarantee you that doing the things I just said would not yield a worse result on game day and most likely would yield a better result. Do those things for a week or two straight during camp and lack of effort won’t be a problem. And if on game day they revert to playing like pansies, put the 2nd, 3rd or 4th string in...and if need be, get some of the big drunk fans in the stand to suit up. Bottom line is something needs to be done to change these guys’ attitudes and effort level.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you are paying a coach $6 Million a year to beat the teams with equal or lesser talent. On Saturday he was out coached against Kentucky. Let that sink in Out Coached by the Kentucky Football Coach.

Is Mullen a top 10 coach, if so what does that make Mark Stoops?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Wait a sec - so it's all on the players? Against CS they gave effort but now they didn't. You sound like you are completely absolving Mullen and his staff. Hell no. Mullen gets blame. I'm tired of our fans always passing the buck. With Chump, the program was broken and it was all Meyer's fault. Then with Mac it was all Chump's fault and now some of you are doing the same crap again.

Please stop the madness.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I find that a little hard to believe. We have a roster of players that do not know what it takes to be successful... they played flag football since infancy, are from Europe and only watched on tv growing up? You see what I mean, that excuse is a little hard to buy into. Most if not all our players are from competitive programs, played in High School, presumably had good coaches then who taught them the meaning of hard work, discipline, commitment. We cannot pretend our players have low football IQ and are naturally weaker and less aggressive than players on roster at Kentucky.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He sure as hell could run them up and down the stadium steps 2 hours a day, make them do grass drills for the duration of every practice, do man in the middle all practice, etc. I can guarantee you that doing the things I just said would not yield a worse result on game day and most likely would yield a better result. Do those things for a week or two straight during camp and lack of effort won’t be a problem. And if on game day they revert to playing like pansies, put the 2nd, 3rd or 4th string in...and if need be, get some of the big drunk fans in the stand to suit up. Bottom line is something needs to be done to change these guys’ attitudes and effort level.
Trouble is the NCAA. They have such a limited time to teach the plays and system

I suspect they thought the coach shows them how, it's up to the players to provide an effort.

If I were Mullen, I'd try to get Tebow as a coach to do just that.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Wait a sec - so it's all on the players? Against CS they gave effort but now they didn't. You sound like you are completely absolving Mullen and his staff. Hell no. Mullen gets blame. I'm tired of our fans always passing the buck. With Chump, the program was broken and it was all Meyer's fault. Then with Mac it was all Chump's fault and now some of you are doing the same crap again.

Please stop the madness.

It's clear they knew plays. The D was all over them BUT would not tackle. We saw this with CS.

One thing was clear, they never quit.

PS: The Refs should never call another SEC game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.