Can you believe LSU is favored by 13?

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
OU is 54.5 and PS is 13.5. So if you subtract the 13.5 from the total you get 41 points. Half of that is what we are projected to score. Vegas doesn't have very much regard for our offense and is overvaluing LSU's defense significantly. The easiest bet on this is probably taking the over on UF. I still like the money line hedged with a bet taking the points also.
First half over/second half under
Florida points over 1st half 2nd half and total
Lsu total under
ML win covers any of those losses.
Playing with house $ after the ml win on the AU game. Can afford to get a little wild.

I was a steeler win Sunday away from turning a $40 parlay into $3300. Thankfully our win helped mask my disappointment of what could been.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
To be completely honest. The higher the spread on Gator games the happier I am from a gambling standpoint. I will rarely play an underdog line unless parlaying on a Gator game. It’s for fun for me and not paying mortgage on results so the bigger underdog we are, the bigger the ML is. Which is what I play on basically every Gator underdog line. It’s hard for me to take a +13 line and be happy with a result of losing by 10 or 12. Winning $ doesn’t offset losses for me. Though I could always use more. It’s just my mindset.

On the flip side if you are using funds to cover bills. -13 is an excellent line to take. From a non bettors standpoint -13 should piss you off and our staff and players off. I hope Mullen uses that as part of his motivation this week. It’s favorable to the team from a motivational standpoint as they don’t give a F what the spread is. They want, I want, you all want. RESPECT.

I mentioned previously in this thread, if you caught it that the line opened skewed partially due to the fact that LSU has covered every point spread. Oddsmakers opened a big line to hopefully recover some of the losses they’ve taken already on LSU. Vegas is a Florida fan this week whether you think the line says so or not.

Last edited:

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Auburn was being talked about as a Bowl Playoff Team until they play us and you say we haven't played a really good team....... :headslap:

Good Grief!
We all knew this would happen. And when we beat LSU, they will be over rated too cause they haven't played anyone before us.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
We all knew this would happen. And when we beat LSU, they will be over rated too cause they haven't played anyone before us.
This is a game where I can’t imagine that being the case. A win Saturday. Most will change their perception of what we could be. It’s a big deal. Auburn was program changing imo from a recruiting standpoint with it being at home. A win Saturday would change the national perception of us, I believe.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
To be honest. I don’t care what the media perception is. Makes it that much more refreshing to win. I despise most of the talking heads anyway so watching them be wrong makes our wins that much sweeter. Most of them have weatherman jobs. It doesn’t really matter if they’re right and there’s always an excuse when they’re wrong.

I do care however if the media perception deters recruits. Which I’m positive it has. Franks didn’t help in this regard. Trask however appears to be righting the ship.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sure thing, :pe:
SLJ.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But the story on the street is that you never scored - wide right again and again is the word.
well, you can be pretty wide right, or left, and still score on your mom.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Let me guess - my post is going to effect the game, right?
I'm still traumatized from last year when you told us, nay, guaranteed us, that Drew Lock was nothing to worry about it. I just want to make sure we are laying awake at night worrying about the right things.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I bought a Looney Tunes box set and indoctrinated my kids, now in their twenties, with classic cartoons. We love "The Barber of Seville".
Fun fact, Clavin. That series of cartoons was intended to introduce the masses of American children to the beauty of classical music. Dude was worried that popular music would make Classical inaccessible to most, and that it's benefits would fade from human history. I have to admit, most all of the classical music that I know and love come from Bugs Bunny.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Just to put it in to some perspective of how little we are thought of. The preseason championship line outright had us at +3600 (I take it every year for all my teams.) We’re currently 6-0 off a huge win. And we’re at +5000. It will be very interesting to see what a win this week would turn that too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So much BS you have to sift through to figure out how good a team is. In LSU's case, games matter sparingly. They struggled against a Texas team that hasn't played another quality opponent and beat up on a weak sked otherwise. Unimpressive.

This game will be close. I have no idea who will win, but I'd take UF and the points if I were betting.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm still traumatized from last year when you told us, nay, guaranteed us, that Drew Lock was nothing to worry about it. I just want to make sure we are laying awake at night worrying about the right things.
Beats being an agnostic dyslexic insomniac. Then you lay awake every night wondering if there really is a dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator