Can you believe LSU is favored by 13?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is pretty simple, we have not played a really good team, and we have not had a complete game except against over matched opponents. I am surprised it is not more.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Better than these?!?

850--5--1.png
Elmer Fudd could be Coach O's speech therapist.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a Looney Tunes box set and indoctrinated my kids, now in their twenties, with classic cartoons. We love "The Barber of Seville".

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty simple, we have not played a really good team, and we have not had a complete game except against over matched opponents. I am surprised it is not more.

Auburn was being talked about as a Bowl Playoff Team until they play us and you say we haven't played a really good team....... :headslap:

Good Grief!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins this one by double digits. After it’s over, people are going to wonder aloud how the hell LSU was ranked so high.
We win by double digits at night at lsu...and I'll pick us to beat UGA. Trasks turnovers are a major problem. But I like where your head is at.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
We win by double digits at night at lsu...and I'll pick us to beat UGA. Trasks turnovers are a major problem. But I like where your head is at.

From my admittedly amateur experience teaching young QBs the internal clock is one of the easiest things to fix. I think that is the source of the turnovers. He's moving through the progressions but not mindful enough of how much time the line can legitimately give him.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I watched a bunch of clips of the game and while he does get rid of it quickly and runs progressions well, some of those passes to the flat on the outside were awfully close. LSU will try to jump those if he's off at all.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I bought a Looney Tunes box set and indoctrinated my kids, now in their twenties, with classic cartoons. We love "The Barber of Seville".
When my kids were little we got them DVDs of Looney Tunes and The Pink Panther. First time they watched them was in the car heading down to visit the in-laws in Florida. They laughed for about two hours straight. Every now and then Mrs. G. would crane her neck to see what episode they were watching and let me know. We'd then both share a few laughs of scenes we remembered.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
LSU is about to play against a defense
like they haven’t seen for twelve months.
I cannot believe the bookies haven’t seen
what this defense is doing. They make a living doing so. Shame on them. I would also jump on F$U +27. F$U is starting to improve with Briles’ system. And Clemson is not a powerhouse this year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
LSU is about to play against a defense
like they haven’t seen for twelve months.
I cannot believe the bookies haven’t seen
what this defense is doing
. They make a living doing so. Shame on them. I would also jump on F$U +27. F$U is starting to improve with Briles’ system. And Clemson is not a powerhouse this year.

On the surface your point is valid, but bookies/odds makers only care about one thing: How will the betting public perceive a game and the line will be set to attract equal money on each side. I have not heard any talk about a major move in the number since it has been set so I am guessing as of now they got it correct, but there is always the late money still to come in

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Out of curiosity I revisited the line they put out for the LSU Texas game. LSU -6.5 and O/U of 57. Obviously the over was crushed. Aside from that though, it tells me oddsmakers have been pretty high on LSU from the jump. Digging a little further into that line. Outside of one honestly brilliant throw and catch to clinch the game from Burrows, Texas covers and oddsmakers for future games (especially ours) change their mindset entirely. The fact that LSU has covered every single game this season is a testament to the -13 line.

When outsiders see any team in any sport with a 5-0 cover for the season they immediately gravitate to that team. It’s human nature. The line set that extreme is partially due to the fact that there are a lot of bettors out there riding that 5-0 LSU win streak and the oddsmakers I promise you are on our side this week in the hopes of recouping some of their losses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’d rather them be favored by 35. The more the merrier.
Id rather every team we play fear we will kill them by 50 and every person have us penciled in to the championship game bc we had elite talent and an elite championship coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Give me an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

That leaves to wonder if a pretty loss is the same as a moral victory?
Ask all the Butter pumpers.

They were impressed that we scored vs Trailerbammer and almost scored vs Clowntown.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather every team we play fear we will kill them by 50 and every person have us penciled in to the championship game bc we had elite talent and an elite championship coach.

I guess I just like crushing the spirit out of opponents who believe they’re superior.

I just means more. :grin:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I can see why the line is 13+.... The Gator boys haven't played a "crisp" game yet. Miami, sloppy W, UK, Sloppy W, Barn, Sloppy W.
LSU looks better and the line reflects it.

But I'll take a sloppy W over a crisp L every day. And I'll admit I didn't expect a W against the barn, Their game against MSU fooled me too.
Personally I prefer a sloppy B, followed immediately by an even sloppier J.

That's just me though...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
OU is 54.5 and PS is 13.5. So if you subtract the 13.5 from the total you get 41 points. Half of that is what we are projected to score. Vegas doesn't have very much regard for our offense and is overvaluing LSU's defense significantly. The easiest bet on this is probably taking the over on UF. I still like the money line hedged with a bet taking the points also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator