CBS's Danielson unimpressed w/ UT

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's an awful passer. If we can tackle him, we'll beat them again, checkboard and all.

And this year they won't catch us by surprise running him so much like they did in last year's game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon and Murphy were good enough to beat Tinerc.

Even Driskel was good enough.

Hell, I think MGM is good enough to beat them. I'm sure LDR is.

Exactly, we beat them with two wide receivers, a head case, and a drug user at quarterback.... And with Muschamp at coach 4 times.... Butch is going to Butch at some point in the game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UT cannot win the division with the formula of Dobbs left, Hurd right, Incomplete pass, punt. If they cannot get a passing game the will not do it. But everyone expressed that UF cannot win this year. They said the same thing last year, just saying.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This year, just like last year, it's probably best for the Gators to float undetected just below the waterline as they slowly approach the shore where their prey is oblivious.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UT cannot win the division with the formula of Dobbs left, Hurd right, Incomplete pass, punt. If they cannot get a passing game the will not do it. But everyone expressed that UF cannot win this year. They said the same thing last year, just saying.

I keep reading that he's a bad QB....so I decided to look it up.

2015 stats:

205-344-2291-15tds-5ints

He passed for 312 yards vs. UGA w/ 3 tds (best game).

Ran for 671 yards and 11 tds (136 vs. us was his best game).

I don't think he's a super-star, but he's certainly a serviceable QB. He's also a Senior, which goes a long way towards leadership.

If I was a national pundit, I'd give UT more credit for returning a 3 year starter vs. a walk-on who washed out of 2 other colleges.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

2015 stats:

205-344-2291-15tds-5ints

I don't think he's a super-star, but he's certainly a serviceable QB. He's also a Senior, which goes a long way towards leadership.

If I was a national pundit, I'd give UT more credit for returning a 3 year starter vs. a walk-on who washed out of 2 other colleges.

I can't argue with any of that. I guess Gator fans are tired of the media crying "wolf" for the last 6 years that the vol$ are "back." And it's almost always based on the way they finish the previous season, which is a soft 2nd half after bamuh is done embarrassing them.

I suspect UF better be ready to battle for 60 minutes this year, but until ut actually breaks the streak, it's annoying to witness the media fawn over them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2015 stats:

205-344-2291-15tds-5ints

The other side of that is, he had 8 games where he didn't break 200 yards passing including 2 where he didn't break 90 (at least 17 attempts in each game). He broke 60% passing in 6 games (Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky, North Texas, Missouri, and Vanderbilt). 6 Multi-Touchdown passing games (Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, USCe, and Vanderbilt), and 5 0 touchdown passing games (The Good Guys, Arkansas, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern). Broke 100 yards with his legs twice (Us and Georgia), but did average a little over 50 yards a game with his legs.

The problem isn't that his is serviceable, it's that he is hyped as being all world. I think Butch is the majority of this teams issues, but Dobbs has his issues as well.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butch looks like a pedophile and coaches like one....chokes on the big one.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The other side of that is, he had 8 games where he didn't break 200 yards passing including 2 where he didn't break 90 (at least 17 attempts in each game). He broke 60% passing in 6 games (Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky, North Texas, Missouri, and Vanderbilt). 6 Multi-Touchdown passing games (Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, USCe, and Vanderbilt), and 5 0 touchdown passing games (The Good Guys, Arkansas, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern). Broke 100 yards with his legs twice (Us and Georgia), but did average a little over 50 yards a game with his legs.

The problem isn't that his is serviceable, it's that he is hyped as being all world. I think Butch is the majority of this teams issues, but Dobbs has his issues as well.

Well, with THOSE stats, he sounds eerily similar to Driskell.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This preseason PR issued by CFB spundips is nothing more than bombastid blatherskite.
Often I think one spundip puts together a crock o' rationalizations and the rest just plagiarize it
in their modified form.

Like I always say:
Originality is easy to find.
You just follow someone
Keeping the right distance behind.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Treon and Murphy were good enough to beat Tinerc.

Even Driskel was good enough.

Hell, I think MGM is good enough to beat them. I'm sure LDR is.
I think Trask is good enough to beath them, don't forget him :-).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How is it nobody has yet said "...and we're all unimpressed with Danielson"?

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Easy on downplaying the opposing QB.... Remember how a certain QB for LSU was trashed and he ended up looking all world against our DB's?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Easy on downplaying the opposing QB.... Remember how a certain QB for LSU was trashed and he ended up looking all world against our DB's?

difference is that LSU quarterback hasn't had the history that Dobbs has had, and also strange stuff happens at Death Valley especially for the grasseater. LSU at night is a different ball game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How is it nobody has yet said "...and we're all unimpressed with Danielson"?

Well to be honest, if you've had Verne as your broadcast partner anyone would look and sound better in that situation.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Which analyst is always calling out the play before it happens? Or he will see something on the prior play that the offense can exploit and lo and behold...we'll see that play.

Is that Danielson or Griese?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.