CeCe looking good as advertised

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Since the topic seems to be lost among all the discussions of QBs, offensive linemen, safeties, etc, as well as the overall good play of the DL, it seemed time to give this kid some props. He's right in the middle of the DL rotation and has made several disruptive plays. I noted he was getting into UK's backfield as much as anyone. Of course Bullard, Cox and other older guys are killing it, but this dude is a frosh. Very impressive so far.

His low center of gravity at 6' 1" makes him almost like a sumo wrestler in there. Very different from McCallister's speed and length at 6'6". Both are looking very good, along with everyone on the DL. Watching the UK replay just reinforced for me how crucial the down linemen were for the victory. The whole group of 1's and 2's is getting it done. CeCe included.

Hope they reproduce these excellent efforts vs UT. Gracias Coach Rumph as well.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's really made an impact early. Really happy he's a Gator, it says something that he's already contributing as a true freshman. We will need the same disruptive play this weekend if we want that key W vs the Vols. Rumph deserves a round of applause for great coaching as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The d-line as a whole is exceeding what were already high expectations. These guys have been wreaking havoc the first three games. All of them have unstoppable motors. Just hoping they can continue it against better competition.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n283590 said:
The d-line as a whole is exceeding what were already high expectations. These guys have been wreaking havoc the first three games. All of them have unstoppable motors.

Agreed. Especially Ivie, Bryan, and Sherrit. They come to work every day.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n283594 said:
Agreed. Especially Ivie, Bryan, and Sherrit. They come to work every day.

Checking the replay, Ivie was the fullback on Grier's 4th and goal scramble for a TD. Thought that was interesting.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;283601 said:
Checking the replay, Ivie was the fullback on Grier's 4th and goal scramble for a TD. Thought that was interesting.
Yeah he's been the fullback on the jumbo package.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Part of the success that our NC teams had came from having 8 very good defensive linemen who could rotate in to create havoc. It seems we are getting back to that sort of thing.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thru 3 games:

CeCe Jefferson 8 Tackles (5 solo, 1/2 sack), 1 pass defended
Byron Cowart 3 Tackles (0 solo, 0 sack)

So far, so good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;283624 said:
Thru 3 games:

So far, so good.

And that doesn't take into consideration the large amount of hurries he's caused.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What has impressed me most about CeCe is that he is strong enough to bullrush upperclassmen.

He is going to be unstoppable in a year IMO.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n283630 said:
And that doesn't take into consideration the large amount of hurries he's caused.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's been busy. I am so glad he picked the good guys.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
alcoholica;n283624 said:
Thru 3 games:

So far, so good.
That's not fair. Cowart is coach by Chimp. Hardly anyone at Auburn has many tackles.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
How is fsus d line looking under the intoxicated Lawing? I'm sure glad Rumph replaced that worthless sack

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n283590 said:
The d-line as a whole is exceeding what were already high expectations. These guys have been wreaking havoc the first three games. All of them have unstoppable motors. Just hoping they can continue it against better competition.

Me too. The Tenn game will tell us a lot about the rush defense probably as I am sure they are going to try to force the issue with that and have looked decent running it so far compared to last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope that Coach Sideways Hat doesn't forget to turn on the defense until half-time again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Dline has been fantastic. Great pass rush and also great stopping the run. CeCe is a man child and is making a huge impact. I wonder if Cowart is watching our D thinking it would be nice to play like that...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is Holley still hurt? And WTF is going on with Clark? He was a 5 star until he ballooned up to 350 his senior season. He ended up a 4 because of that. But he has great talent.

We're in the hunt for Manuel, J. Robinson, A. Clayton, and Dexter Lawrence.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Watching again now, where is the Brantley love? He played great as well. Best overall dline rotation we've had in a while imo.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n283715 said:
Is Holley still hurt? And WTF is going on with Clark? He was a 5 star until he ballooned up to 350 his senior season. He ended up a 4 because of that. But he has great talent.

We're in the hunt for Manuel, J. Robinson, A. Clayton, and Dexter Lawrence.
The d line rotation is pretty tough to crack right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.