CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is hilarious. Sanders has already proven he can't coach, so why hire him, recruiting? Recruiting hasn't been the problem at A&M.

Deion is going to be linked to every opening job despite his 4-8 record at the end of the year. Dumb.
It's absurd really. Was thinking that Deion has shown an easily executed plan to every ex-football star who wants to be a P5 coach. He's shown how you can buy yourself a couple of ringers, dominant a smaller league, and then sit back and let the offers of guaranteed millions pour in from desperate P5 AD's looking to revive their dying programs.

Tebow should lead a team at a small school while his brand is still hot. Christian crusaders only. Buy a couple stud ringers.... dominate. Get promoted. Become TCU or BAYLOR coach.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is a long, but good article on the things that led to Dumbo getting the axe. I found a few things in there that Sling Blade has exhibited consistently. That does not make them right or wrong but a few things that Dumbo sucked at are some of the things that Sling Blade sux at also.

Meanwhile, Fisher's singular focus on running his program his way didn't endear him to many people on campus. Fisher was the decision-maker on everything, and if you questioned why something was done a certain way, you were likely to be met with an angry response, sources said

There was no hope that this would ever get better because what was going to change?" a staff member said. "He wasn't going to listen to anybody else. It was just going to continue the way that it was."

Fisher's in-game decisions remained a source of frustration. Against Alabama, he chose to punt on fourth-and-1 at the Tide's 45-yard line in the third quarter of a 17-17 game. Alabama scored six plays later and never trailed again. That one call became emblematic of larger issues for a fanbase that felt, even against the best teams in the league, Fisher was playing too conservatively, almost not to lose as opposed to trying to win.

"If it wasn't a full yard, inside a yard, [we] probably would have went," Fisher said.

Fisher runs a complex, pro-style offense and multiple staffers indicated that while Petrino was calling the plays, a large portion of the plays he was calling were still Fisher's offense.

The offense worked when everything clicked, but proper execution became increasingly difficult with the revolving door at quarterback and the transfer portal leading to the addition of new players unfamiliar with the system.

Even when it didn't work, Fisher stayed the course.

But it was Fisher's job to get them to execute, and "just gotta execute" became the defining phrase of his tenure.

"It's too complicated," a former player said. "And that's why I think you saw a lot of struggles with it. It just seemed like all these pieces have to go right for a play to work. There's a lot of thinking. There's not a lot of just going out and playing. And I think that's a big deal."

"A&M has the players but not the scheme," Cook said. "I mean A&M is running like the Wishbone offense. It's cool and all, but if Jimbo opened it up that would be serious."

"The assessment that I delivered was that we are not reaching our full potential," Bjork said at a news conference of a conversation with the Texas A&M's president, Gen. Mark A. Welsh. "We are not in the championship conversation and something was not quite right about our direction and the plan."

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's BOB FUKKIN' ROSS!!! How do people not know this?!?!?!??!?!?
George Floyd GIF by GIPHY News
:lol:

Who said they didn’t know who that was?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This is a long, but good article on the things that led to Dumbo getting the axe. I found a few things in there that Sling Blade has exhibited consistently. That does not make them right or wrong but a few things that Dumbo sucked at are some of the things that Sling Blade sux at also.

This article describes what the TAM AD is looking for in their next HC: a coach who's open to change, adaptable, organized, easy to work with, has a creative offense and is more of a CEO type than someone who's in the film room all night.

I know just the guy-a man named William Napier, self described as organized, an offensive mastermind & easy to work with.

And you don’t have to worry about William Napier spending all night in the film room-he & his staff rarely go in there at all.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not really fair to Babers. If we're all being honest here, it takes a minimum of 9 seasons to really rebuild a program. They're going to regret not giving him that last year where it all was going to come together.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not really fair to Babers. If we're all being honest here, it takes a minimum of 9 seasons to really rebuild a program. They're going to regret not giving him that last year where it all was going to come together.
For Syracuse? It's true! :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Actually I do not think that is a bad decision. I do not think Pittman is an awful head coach. Think he is an excellent assistant though.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just when he finally got his players. Can you imagine what’s going to happen when this recruiting class falls apart?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just when he finally got his players. Can you imagine what’s going to happen when this recruiting class falls apart?
Syracuse doesn't deserve a good coach. Their fans are just spoiled. Who the hells gonna want to coach there now?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The only offensive success Jimbo Fisher has ever had was when he lucked into Famous Rapeis. Outside of Winston his offenses have never done a thing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Actually I do not think that is a bad decision. I do not think Pittman is an awful head coach. Think he is an excellent assistant though.
I don't think there was any interest there....ask yourself, who would want that job especially with Texas and OU coming into the league next season.

We may have a long and hard road ahead of us but programs like Arky, Miss St. Vandy, USCe, UK, and UT will have a hard time ever reaching a .500 season again or at least in our lifetimes. Even Ole Miss and Mizzou after this season will be sub .500 teams for years and years with the changes coming and Ole Miss's success this year is mostly attributable to the adjustments in programs like UF and LSU from last year...they will be a middling turd again

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only offensive success Jimbo Fisher has ever had was when he lucked into Famous Rapeis. Outside of Winston his offenses have never done a thing.

And that "offense" was give the ball to the quarterback and let him make things happen. His genius is a myth.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't think there was any interest there....ask yourself, who would want that job especially with Texas and OU coming into the league next season.

We may have a long and hard road ahead of us but programs like Arky, Miss St. Vandy, USCe, UK, and UT will have a hard time ever reaching a .500 season again or at least in our lifetimes. Even Ole Miss and Mizzou after this season will be sub .500 teams for years and years with the changes coming and Ole Miss's success this year is mostly attributable to the adjustments in programs like UF and LSU from last year...they will be a middling turd again
Completely disagree in the interest thing. Goose Malzahn would take it in a heartbeat. Rhett Lashlee in a heartbeat. Regarding the teams you mentioned struggling going forward I would include UF in that group. You alluded to difficulty but we are no better than any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator