CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The clowns on this staff better be all over the transfer portal trying to land some of the many A & M kids who will more than likely enter the portal...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If they are firing him, and considering paying out that kind of money, it's because they already have someone lined up....and they are simply trying to negotiate down that buyout
Ohio State Football GIF

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why they ever hired him & paid him that much cash to begin with is the big mystery. Sans his 2 seasons at FSU with Jameis, he’s historically been a 4 loss per season coach, and that’s pretty much exactly how he performed at TAM. It is a nice setup, though, if a coach can get it.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Somebody remind me; how well has Jimbo recruiting at A&M? I seem to remember a recent #1 class he landed out there. How'd that work out for him?

Of course you have to have talent to win but you also have to have a coach with a brain. Ours has consistently demonstrated he doesn't have one.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The clowns on this staff better be all over the transfer portal trying to land some of the many A & M kids who will more than likely enter the portal...
And I don’t want to hear any BS about having to evaluate the players before reaching out. They can start evaluating right now. It’s only 80 something guys and some can be eliminated right away and some we already tried to recruit once before so we shouldn’t need much of an eval.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Urban did mention that Saban's recruiting machine was unbeatable and that his records were untouchable. Urban said that NO Head Coach has EVER won a Natty at 3 different schools. That record interests him because Nicky can't / won't leave Bama. Even Spurrier took digs at Saban saying anyone can win with Bama type resources. Urban might be interested in being the only coach in history to win 3 Natty's at 3 different schools. Urban to A&M. He's coming after Saban who is getting old and close to retiring.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody remind me; how well has Jimbo recruiting at A&M? I seem to remember a recent #1 class he landed out there. How'd that work out for him?

Of course you have to have talent to win but you also have to have a coach with a brain. Ours has consistently demonstrated he doesn't have one.
Fwiw they bought that class then quite a few transferred out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t believe Texas A&M is firing Jimbo. The guy has a top 10 recruiting class and I’m told that’s what matters most

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not saying this is going to be the guy as it appears that ATM will swing for the fences. But the guy who hired Dumbo and Buzz Williams at ATM to elevate both programs is no longer there and is the AD at LSU and who hired. Kelly, Mulkey and the baseball coach. The AD at ATM now actually had a decent stint at Western Ky as it was trying to move into D1 and actually hired Willie Taggert who did a very good job there, before going to USF, ORE and then imploding at CLOWN U. He then went to be the AD at Ole MIss where they became relevant again a bit in football. So the name I think might surface if the Oil guys swing for the fences and miss is Jedd Fisch. Guy has done a steady build at AZ and the PAC 12 is imploding, so that is my under the radar name.

Aug 5, 2014
And I don’t want to hear any BS about having to evaluate the players before reaching out. They can start evaluating right now. It’s only 80 something guys and some can be eliminated right away and some we already tried to recruit once before so we shouldn’t need much of an eval.
It is all about relationships, right?....not about size, speed, skill per se right? It is really all about building relationships....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator