CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I remember when Holgerson left WVU to go to Houston and people asked why leave a P5 for at the time a non P5? Well it was all about money as this hire was done strictly by UH's largest donor and I believe he pretty much chairs everything there, Tillman Fertitta. Anyone who ever saw Holgerson coach a game knew it was another Larry Fedora when it came to game management, but Fertitta was trying to resurrect UH athletics and wanted to hire a coach who cared nothing about anything but offense. So it does not matter if it is the AD or the owner or whoever, the person doing the hiring has to know WTF they are doing.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well it appears that Ross Bjork has a much different view of hiring coaches than his predecessor at ATM Woodward who is now at LSU. Woodward went for names under the illusion they could coach, and Bjork appears to be looking for someone who at least appears to do something with less than what he would have at ATM.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Elko is a worse choice than Stoops. Are they expecting the fans to do jumping jacks over that one?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops is crazy to think of leaving UK. Beat your in state rival, win 7-8 a year and the fanbase stays happy.
I'll bet he and Mullen have the same agent.

Go to a better school, get a huge buyout and get fired.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Yet again we will sit around with our **** in our hands watching everybody else make upgrade hires, all while complaining we can't make a change because "there aren't any home run hires out there." Lather, rinse, and repeat every year.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
John L Smith is one of the worst HC in college football history. He parlayed his record at Louisville to the Mich St. job where he showed what a complete moron he was. He was then interim coach for a few games at ARK years later and continued to show his buffoonery.

As for Cousin Eddie, as much of a moron as he is, the landscape of college football currently should work to his favor. Look at Lame Kitten. Hates to recruit but no arguing that he has an appealing offense to many players. So he can clearly be a big player in the transfer portal yearly for offensive players who want to play and may have been highly regarded in their past but looking for a new home. Cousin Eddie is even more lazy than Lame, but I would argue that Cousin Eddie does not have any football system that makes attracting players that easily. And since Cousin Eddie is not ever going to be considered for a HC position at a top football school, he is better off at a place where football is considered a hobby as the fans await the college hoops season. Hence why I say Mark Stoops has the best job in the SEC. Paid incredibly well where the other sport is what really matters.

ezgif-4-54c9bcab96.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator