Championship Drive on ESPN claims UF won't make playoffs even if undefeated

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yes ESPN

Beating the #1 team, #3 team, # 5 team, and # 7 team while also having two non conference P5 teams on the schedule just simply isn’t good enough because of Towson and UT-Martin.

WCK2RH6.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes ESPN

Beating the #1 team, #3 team, # 5 team, and # 7 team while also having two non conference P5 teams on the schedule just simply isn’t good enough because of Towson and UT-Martin.

WCK2RH6.gif

My guess is she's confusing the FCS rule with regards to bowl eligibility(technically we're not bowl eligible because of that). But in any event, it's about as dumb a position as one could possibly take. As you say, that schedule, 13-0 including two P5 OOC teams, we're in. For that matter, in that unlikely event, we're probably the 1 seed.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not even close to possibly why even get angry over this? We go undefeated we are in. We won’t but if we did we are in. We lose 1 and beat uga and bama we are in...don’t waste your energy getting upset over this.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
These people clearly don't know college football and are just repeating things they have heard from experts from the past and applying it to us. Yeah if a pac 12 team won out and had 2 games on the schedule like ours there is a chance they wouldn't get in because their strength of schedule would be extremely low. Ours stays high regardless of those two games. we could lose any game on the schedule and if we win the seccg there's probably a 95% chance we STILL get into the playoff, if not higher, so don't listen to these idiots.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed in your post, you said “she”. I’m guessing this is someone who either a) doesn’t know at all what she’s talking about, or b) just wants attention and figures a shock value story will create just that.
:lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we finish undefeated we are in period.
The SEC office would never let that happen no matter what
Try not to let the morons get to you

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
I'm watching the show "Championship Drive" on the ESPN app. They are talking about the Gators and our win, and they are actually debating whether or not we might be held out of the the Playoffs by the Committee because of our two games against FCS teams.

First of all, they start by saying that if we were to lose one game (say LSU) and win out, how the two FCS games might keep us out and that it would definitely be a consideration for the Committee. The reporter says "I promise you...the two wins against UT-Martin and Towson will be a sticking point." That is absolutely ridiculous to me. Why does it matter that we played UT-Martin and Towson instead of Akron and Charlotte? Are they really any different? We would have had to beat Auburn, Georgia, and Bama most likely to be at that point. Not to mention the rest of our SEC schedule and Miami and FSU. How is this even a discussion?

But, here is where it gets absolutely ridiculous. They start having a legitimate conversation about whether or not we would make it to the Playoffs EVEN IF WE WERE UNDEFEATED!!!!! One reporter literally said that she thinks the Committee may not put us in because of those two wins. She said she "cannot say that definitively" because of those two games. So, two games that are without question intended to be our two easiest games of the schedule would somehow trump the fact we would have beaten Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Bama and would be undefeated in the best conference in the nation? Ridiculous that this is even being talked about.

Are you kidding me? This is the stupidest conversation I have ever heard. How does this stuff even make it on major TV?
I hope you aren't paying for that App. Geez. That cra-cra!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my word - an intercepted broadcast ! ... Tell Pelosi. She'll send subpoenas.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone really care what a bunch of num nuts on espn really think? i don't think any are on the selection committee.
I would love to see Fl. go undefeated to fine out.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Agree with all the posts here. It's premature speculation, incorrect, irrelevant, etc.

Now, if it's an issue to be considered, why is it we schedule UT-Martin and Towson instead of Akron and Charlotte? If in a close situation we get points off for playing FCS teams, are we gonna keep scheduling them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator