Recruiting Chauncey Gardner re-commits

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n192603 said:
I think law meant top OFFENSIVE talent.

You mean top tier talent like Driskel, Grier, Taylor, Robinson, Fulwood, Lane, Sharpe, Jackson, Harris ...?

I'm confused. We have NEVER had a recruiting problem at this school. That goes for offense and defense.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n192634 said:
You mean top tier talent like Driskel, Grier, Taylor, Robinson, Fulwood, Lane, Sharpe, Jackson, Harris ...?

I'm confused. We have NEVER had a recruiting problem at this school. That goes for offense and defense.

Driskel was a Meyer recruit.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n192268 said:
Manual and every other IMG kid is as good as gone. I'd love to see IMG's finances and look closely at how many kids end up with new cars etc before they even arrive at Clown Town. This is basically a recruiting mill for FSU undoubtedly paid for by FSU alums.

1ff970c33376f7ec20b112fc4a324f4a.jpg

I put this in the thread about Weinke leaving IMG, facts are unchanged..

FSU - 4* (TE Nauta, QB Malik Henry)
MIA + UF - nil

FSU - 4* (QB Francois)
MIA - 4* (OL St. Loius, DE Patchan), 3* (DT Fines)
UF - bupkis

FSU + MIA + UF = nada

2013-2010 (Wanker was on staff) no stats from rivals.com for those years. 247 site is not easily searchable, and poking around ESPN's recruiting I'm not seeing much of a pipeline from IMG to anywhere. FSU got as many players (if you count next year's verbals) as MIA actually signed so far. Accusations of Wanker's shunting top talent to FSU seem solely focused on Francois (whom I also think we could have flipped had Wanker not been there) and two verbals for next year which we ought to have a good chance to flip should we choose to.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Originally posted by stephenPE View Post
His mom must have been a HUGE Peter Sellers fan..........Chauncy Gardner? Amazing........If you have never seen the movie it is funny as anything ever done by SNL[/I]

[QUOTE=GatorBart;n192414]

Love Being There! Chance the gardner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n192415[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]

I sure hope this was some kind of accident. If your mom aspires to you being an idiot savant, you've pretty much started life out on the wrong foot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n192643 said:
MIA + UF - nil

FSU - 4* (QB Francois)
UF - bupkis

FSU + MIA + UF = nada.
So.... 8 for Clown Town; 4 for Scum; and 0 for The Good Guys doesn't seem to be a pipeline to you?

I hope you don't make a living working with maff or satisticks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n192634 said:
We have NEVER had a recruiting problem at this school.
Yes, you are confused. The fact that you have to list a 2 star RB shows it. I think you may be the real Pat Dooley.

Having one decent class of WRs in five years (really 8 years) is pathetic.

Having one decent class of RBs in five years (really 8 years) is pathetic.

Having one decent class of Qbs in three years is pathetic.

Finishing the class with one or two kids from FLORIDA's top 20 recruits is pathetic.

Recruiting only 2 OL for THREE straight years is reason to be fired on the effin spot in 2012.

And yes, the one MEDIOCRE class we had was the SIXTH best in the SEC and the 4 stars in it were almost entirely defensive players. Hang your hat on that if you want.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;192938 said:
So.... 8 for Clown Town; 4 for Scum; and 0 for The Good Guys doesn't seem to be a pipeline to you?

I think that's 2 for FSU and 2 for MIA. ZERO for us.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n192938 said:

Is all your negative truly tied to a reading and comprehension impediment? Did you really read that as FSU landing QB Francois FOUR times? Really? J is closer, but here I'll break it down for you:

UF: No recruits

FSU: 2015 got ONE four-star; 2016 has verbals from TWO four-stars = One commit, two verbals

MIA: 2015 got TWO four-stars and ONE three-star = Three commits

If anyone is getting players out of IMG it is MIA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n192643 said:
MIA + UF - nil

FSU - 4* (QB Francois)
UF - bupkis

FSU + MIA + UF = nada
TLB, YOU wrote it.

Edit: OK, ok. Asterisk is "star" not 4 with some notes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n192604 said:
T. It's just simply not true that we haven't been able to land talent.
With Messedchomp we crash landed talent.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Coach Mac has a Great Reputation and is well known.

:dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n196671 said:
I thought Coach Mac has a Great Reputation and is well known. :dunno:
I think he has a great reputation as a nice guy but he was not real well known. Remember he hasn't recruited the southeast much at all since he left Trailerbammer.

He will be well-known soon enough and lets hope he has a reputation for winning or at least putting the team on a trajectory to win.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
CaribGator;n192270 said:
This will definitely be a concern if we have a 6-6 season.

We are not going to have a 6-6 season next year. Our defense will be too good, barring significant injuries.

New Mexico, East Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida Atlantic are book 'em wins. That's six right there. I believe we beat Ole Miss at the swamp and can beat the leg humpers in Jax. That's 7 or 8. We lose to both Tigers (LSU and Mizzu) on the road. Fsu is in the swamp and I believe we pull a close on out. We play the Cocks on the road and that's a winnable game as well. So 10-2, 9-3 or at worse 8-4. I'm calling it 9-3, the same record Meyer had his first year.

Law keeps bashing Mac's record at CSU. News flash. Spurrier didn't do much better his first time out, either, with 3 years in the semi pros (USFL) under his belt before hand.

Mac: 22-16 record at CSU and finished 14-10 in his conference, winning his one bowl game; Spurrier: 20-13-1 at Duke and finished 11-9-1 in conference play, losing his bowl game.

The two wild cards for this season will be the performance of the offensive line (incredible lack of depth at this point) and QB play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll beat Missouri and lose to ole miss but I agree with mainland buc. We've got some pretty winnable games on the schedule.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n200110 said:
I think we'll beat Missouri and lose to ole miss but I agree with mainland buc. We've got some pretty winnable games on the schedule.

Ole Miss has no QB and is playing us at the Swamp. The more likely scenario is that we would lose to Mizz and beat Ole Miss.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Mainland's msg is spot on and easily something that could happen. Especially when you factor in his two wildcards.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n200332 said:
Ole Miss has no QB and is playing us at the Swamp. The more likely scenario is that we would lose to Mizz and beat Ole Miss.

I agree, Ole Piss will be spitting up Anti-Freeze by mid season and we will be very thankful he didn't end up here. I don't agree with losing to Mizzou though. Their offense sucked last year and there defense which was ok is now depleted as well as the long time dc being gone.....we win that one too. We will most likely end up being 8-5 or 9-4 next year with a bowl win.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n199923 said:
We are not going to have a 6-6 season next year. Our defense will be too good, barring significant injuries.

New Mexico, East Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida Atlantic are book 'em wins. That's six right there. I believe we beat Ole Miss at the swamp and can beat the leg humpers in Jax. That's 7 or 8. We lose to both Tigers (LSU and Mizzu) on the road. Fsu is in the swamp and I believe we pull a close on out. We play the Cocks on the road and that's a winnable game as well. So 10-2, 9-3 or at worse 8-4. I'm calling it 9-3, the same record Meyer had his first year.

Law keeps bashing Mac's record at CSU. News flash. Spurrier didn't do much better his first time out, either, with 3 years in the semi pros (USFL) under his belt before hand.

Mac: 22-16 record at CSU and finished 14-10 in his conference, winning his one bowl game; Spurrier: 20-13-1 at Duke and finished 11-9-1 in conference play, losing his bowl game.

The two wild cards for this season will be the performance of the offensive line (incredible lack of depth at this point) and QB play.

Tennessee is going to be a lot tougher than you think... However, I don't see us going 6-6, but 7 or 8 win season sounds likely...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n200332 said:
Mizzou is replacing both lines of scrimmage and like concrete said, they lose their d coordinator. Their qb is awful, we'll wax their ass next year dude. Ole mis brings back alot of players on d and their qb last year sucked and they won games. Plus we always struggle with Mississippi schools

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator