Chauncey Gardner - we didn't want him anyway

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He looooooves Florida. He's not going anywhere.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I want to visit Italy, but it doesn't make me Italian.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So a recruit visits us who is committed to another school, you all say we have no chance. A commit of ours uses his visits, you all say he's a gonner. My oh my we must be headed toward our first class of zero recruits. :eek:hnoes2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n244242 said:
He's hitting every school on Florida's most hated list.

Or programs that are located within the region that also have potential positives to offer. As much as we'd love these kids to either take no visits, or visit non-threats across the country, it's just not realistic. Battling the noles and other SEC rivals is just part of the deal. Don't get me wrong, I shake my head at the whole "committed" definition these days. But outside of a few exceptions, they pretty much all do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This kids recruitment is wide open. Let's be real.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can just show him some game film of that awesome Pruitt Dawg defense. He is my favorite coach these days BTW.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
That's why we need to build up our facilities to compete facilty wise with the Auburns and Georgias. Guys like this don't care about the great Florida weather or beaches. That's not their world. They are not moving to Florida to retire. This guy already lives in Cocoa Beach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A lot of kids go to the summer camps at other schools to get better and be coached up. No big deal. However if he's lost his good senses he'll regain them soon when he realizes VH3 is gone after this year and Tabor can't be more than one more screw up from being shown the door...IOW he could walk into a starting job here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
soflagator;n244274 said:
Or programs that are located within the region that also have potential positives to offer. As much as we'd love these kids to either take no visits, or visit non-threats across the country, it's just not realistic. Battling the noles and other SEC rivals is just part of the deal. Don't get me wrong, I shake my head at the whole "committed" definition these days. But outside of a few exceptions, they pretty much all do it.
Ohio St. ain't within the region. He's visiting FSU, UGA, Auburn and OSU. He didn't put Miami, GT, USF or Clemson on that list which would make it a regional consideration. He's going to our 4 most hated rivals. He's a 4 star recruit. Should have known the kid wouldn't stick. Maybe we can get him back if he drops to a 3 star.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n244295 said:
Ohio St. ain't within the region. He's visiting FSU, UGA, Auburn and OSU. He didn't put Miami, GT, USF or Clemson on that list which would make it a regional consideration. He's going our 4 most hated rivals. He's a 4 star recruit. Should have known the kid wouldn't stick. Maybe we can get him back if he drops to a 3 star.

Since when is OSU a rival?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n244301 said:
Since when is OSU a rival?
Since Corch Meyers went there.

I've actually hated them for much longer than that. But since Meyer went there and Chimp went to Auburn our angst has been off the charts.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n244304 said:
Since Corch Meyers went there.

I've actually hated them for much longer than that. But since Meyer went there and Chimp went to Auburn our angst has been off the charts.

Hate em all you want, but that doesn't make them a rival. We've played them exactly twice and won both times.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n244295 said:
Ohio St. ain't within the region. He's visiting FSU, UGA, Auburn and OSU. He didn't put Miami, GT, USF or Clemson on that list which would make it a regional consideration. He's going to our 4 most hated rivals. He's a 4 star recruit. Should have known the kid wouldn't stick. Maybe we can get him back if he drops to a 3 star.

:panic:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
We can go ahead and chalk him up as a goner. He's going to a rival within the region, even if that rival is not in the region and perhaps not even a rival. If there is a miracle he will stick because he should be able to walk in and start, even though one of the coaches at one of our marginally regional and partially rivaled schools left us with 40 scholarship DBs. Did I miss anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator