Cheat or Go Home

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Great article and an eye opener...........My rose colored glasses just went dark. I guess Mac aint cheating hard enough or at all.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What coach said. A few years ago an article came out about bagmen, which was an eye opener as well. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
my wife dated a hill billy football player back in the day, she's told me stories.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It's not cheating unless you get caught.

It's like when people complain that a young player (NFL/college) gets busted for PEDs and people talk about how much money said player cost themself yet they never consider the idea that they probably aren't in the position they are without those PEDs.

Some people are born with it and some people need help, our program is in the help category right now. I'd happily take someone with Urban's questionable ethics if it equals results. I'm also on a message board and don't have any skin in the game so it's easy to say.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The creative ways in which I've heard recruits get paid is mind boggling. There are people in this country whose sole purpose is to pay these kids and cover it up.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Leads you to believe that all good players are bad people. Surely there are good football players that aren't murderers right? :rolleyes3:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leads you to believe that all good players are bad people. Surely there are good football players that aren't murderers right? :rolleyes3:
Big difference in accepting money to play college football and murder.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've been telling people about this for at least 12 yrs yet some didn't want to hear it. CFB coaches pay anyone (close to the kids they really want) from the principal,football coach,teachers,family members,even pastors in their communities. It happens everywhere!!!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish the NCAA would get off their ass and enforce the rules.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've been telling people about this for at least 12 yrs yet some didn't want to hear it. CFB coaches pay anyone (close to the kids they really want) from the principal,football coach,teachers,family members,even pastors in their communities. It happens everywhere!!!
I don't think anyone with an iota of common sense thought otherwise.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoy college football obviously, but lets get real...the whole system is a big f'n joke. It is supposed to be college students from one school playing a game against college students from another school. It isn't even close to that and hasn't been for a long time. Its just a farm system for the pros and most of the top athletes don't give a rat's ass about school, in fact most of them wouldn't be accepted to attend school at a place like UF in a million years if they couldn't run and catch and hit.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
in fact most of them wouldn't be accepted to attend school at a place like UF in a million years if they couldn't run and catch and hit.
I notice you didn't say throw because we clearly don't care about that here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when we used to win a lot and sign great players and all the Big 10 schools claimed we must have been paying our players.

Those were good times.

Now we are the ones bytching about everyone else "paying" their players... if they don't one to come join our dumpster fire.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Perhaps Mac is trying to do it the right way. That would explain all the recruiting battles he's losing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps Mac is trying to do it the right way. That would explain all the recruiting battles he's losing.

Explain maybe. Not excuse. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to last beyond year 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator