Chiefs Trade Tyreek Hill to the Phish

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Chiefs fan and this one hurts. He will be missed.
It's a business, so I get it. Next year he could have walked as a FA and the Chiefs would get nothing for him. As it stands, they really did get a lot a lot of picks.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
It's a business, so I get it. Next year he could have walked as a FA and the Chiefs would get nothing for him. As it stands, they really did get a lot a lot of picks.

Good trade for the Chiefs.

It better get Miami into the playoffs quick or the drought will last another 10 seasons.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's a great player, but i think the chiefs probably made the smart move here, especially since hes coming up to the end of his contract.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
I think it’s a good trade. Basically a low first and mid second round pick for possibly the most dynamic playmaker in the league. The fourth and sixth rounders don’t mean much as, statistically, fa’s make the roster just about as often as late rounders, and Miami still has two first rounders next year. Going to be entertaining to see if McDaniel can sync Tua up with the added talent.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
As a Dolphin fan, I don't love the trade. I am not a fan of making big investments in WR's, even for proven stars like the Cheetah. They are the most fragile, injury-prone players on the field. The Dolphins in particular have always had terrible luck with them, for some reason. Five draft picks -- a 1st, 2nd, two 4ths and a 6th -- is a big investment. I also question the wisdom of making a big trade for an All-Pro WR when we do NOT currently have All-Pro talent at the QB position IMO.

At the same time, if I was a Chiefs fan I don't think I'd love the trade, either. Hill had developed major chemistry with Mahomes, culminating in their best year together last year. They should've extended him instead of rolling the dice with draft picks, considering that they are not a team with a tremendous amount of holes to fill.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but they've been a LOT of fun to watch over the last few years. Hill was certainly a big reason for that.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Too much given up. Waaaaay too much.

WRs, especially the burners, tend to flame out quickly.

Alex.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Dolphins also signed free agent LT Terron Armstead from the Saints, and I have no complaints about that signing. It's an excellent pickup even though he may have to switch to RT if they intend to use him to protect Tua's blind side, since Tua is a lefty.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Don’t take the “stoned” personally. Gordon just won’t stand for talking badly about his city. Let’s just change the subject so as not to upset him. Any terrible, early 90s Western movies. You pick.
I gave you a stoned that you should definitely take personally, but don't bogart it.

I don't think there were a whole lot of Western movies made in the early 90's, terrible or otherwise. The only ones that come to mind are Unforgiven, The Quick and the Dead, Tombstone and Wyatt Earp. All unimpeachable classics except for the last one, which IMO was a substandard knockoff of the second-to-last-one, which of course is widely considered one of the best movies of all time by people with fully functional testicles.

I'm sure your favorite "Western" from that era is City Slickers. It's okay, you don't have to be too terribly embarrassed by that, on account of the fact that very few people are reading this thread.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I gave you a stoned that you should definitely take personally, but don't bogart it.

I don't think there were a whole lot of Western movies made in the early 90's, terrible or otherwise. The only ones that come to mind are Unforgiven, The Quick and the Dead, Tombstone and Wyatt Earp. All unimpeachable classics except for the last one, which IMO was a substandard knockoff of the second-to-last-one, which of course is widely considered one of the best movies of all time by people with fully functional testicles.

I'm sure your favorite "Western" from that era is City Slickers. It's okay, you don't have to be too terribly embarrassed by that, on account of the fact that very few people are reading this thread.

Sam Elliott is actually quoted as saying one of his biggest regrets is turning down a chance at making Mask 2 in order to star in Tombstone. Literally keeps him awake at night.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Sam Elliott is actually quoted as saying one of his biggest regrets is turning down a chance at making Mask 2 in order to star in Tombstone. Literally keeps him awake at night.
The Curly Bill role played by Powers Boothe really should've gone to Gene Hackman, giving him an Early 90s Westerns Bad Guy (Black) Hat Trick.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude is a thug and should never see the field again. Unfortunately this is the NFL where women beaters thrive. POS. Dolphins deserve him.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Dude is a thug and should never see the field again. Unfortunately this is the NFL where women beaters thrive. POS. Dolphins deserve him.
Should never see the field again? lol he's seen the field about 150 times or more since that happened eight years ago, and hasn't gotten in any more trouble. He completed counseling and the case was eventually dismissed and expunged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator