Chip loses to Cincy

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m withholding judgement for now. I saw what he was capable of at Oregon. Might be a tough year for UCLA but I believe he’ll right that ship eventually.
I just don't think he has it in him mentally. Now that he's been a NFL head coach, I think that's where his heart lies. There's a reason he would have taken a NFL OC job over a college head coaching job in a heartbeat.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
tlpm.gif

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Honestly from what I have read he has been lazy through out his tenure there since being hired. People barely heard anything coming out of him the past year. He is also putting zero effort in recruiting. He knew that this kind of laziness would not work in the SEC, at UF no less. I am just glad he did not come here. It just feels like he wants to fill his resume gap with some coaching.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I just don't think he has it in him mentally. Now that he's been a NFL head coach, I think that's where his heart lies. There's a reason he would have taken a NFL OC job over a college head coaching job in a heartbeat.
I don’t disagree that its possible but if he’s not getting NFL attention, self-preservation might take over, returning him to form. With the benefit of hindsight, I’m sure glad it fell through for us.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
He may still be fine but I can't help but feel like we dodged a bullet. Kelly was first on my list of candidates but he wouldn't have understood the expectations here, Mullen does and is doing everything he can to deliver.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida gets off to a fast start, UCLA loses at home to an eight-loss team from the vaunted AAC.

Just when you think you know everything, you don't.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
His loss is a bit worrisome for Bruin fans, but losing his experienced qb was a killer. He’s another coach with a system and he needs players for it. He better get to recruiting because so far he’s not showing up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Believe it was the play-by-play guy that said UCLA has one of the toughest schedules in football this year...and Cincinnati is their easiest opponent. Yikes
A Pac 12 schedule? Lulz.

They do lose big again next week though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.