Chis Walker

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Give me just ONE offensive move or shot that he has, other than an alley-oop from Hill or a layup/putback.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chris walker actually seems like a good kid. I heard a few of his comments on the radio and he sounds like a team player. A high character guy. Not only that he's finally starting to settle down and play within himself.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What do you want him to do? He is scoring. He is blocking shots. He is hustling. To say he has no offensive game is not true. If you can score you have some offense. He is not trying to create his shot yet because that is not part of offense. Our offense is to move the ball as quickly as we can to allow the smalls to drive and then kick out to for a three or draw enough attention it allows them to hit a big near the basket. Does he have a jump hook, or fade away or spin move? Maybe but I want him to follow BD's directions instead of trying to create that Pro mindset of one on one get your shot.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n131111 said:
Chris walker actually seems like a good kid. I heard a few of his comments on the radio and he sounds like a team player. A high character guy. Not only that he's finally starting to settle down and play within himself.
Lol

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
After watching tonights game, it is even more apparent that Walker hasn't a clue how this game is played. Truly amazing how he had his HS rating. BTW, OP his first name is C H R I S.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n148543 said:
After watching tonights game, it is even more apparent that Walker hasn't a clue how this game is played. Truly amazing how he had his HS rating. BTW, OP his first name is C H R I S.

I don't know what the problem is with his offense - it is like he is lost many times. He is good for a few blocks and some rebounds but that seems to be about it so far.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n148543 said:

He never had to play in an actual offensive system like Billy's. He was way bigger and way more athletic than the small school kids he played against, and pretty much did whatever he wanted. He's honestly not the sharpest tool in the shed, either, and the learning curve seems to be enormous for him. He has tremendous raw talent and upside, but he's struggling to learn how to play the game in a team concept.

I really wish Billy wouldn't try to play Walker with his back to the basket so much, but that's his system. If Walker could get better at running the pick and roll, he'd get some wide open dunks and layups (which he does on occasion), but he'll never be a traditional center like Patric Young was. I wish Billy would let him work more as a stretch 4 where he could put the ball on the floor from a little further out and work towards the basket, but he obviously doesn't want Walker in that role.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n148569 said:
He never had to play in an actual offensive system like Billy's. He was way bigger and way more athletic than the small school kids he played against, and pretty much did whatever he wanted. He's honestly not the sharpest tool in the shed, either, and the learning curve seems to be enormous for him. He has tremendous raw talent and upside, but he's struggling to learn how to play the game in a team concept.

I really wish Billy wouldn't try to play Walker with his back to the basket so much, but that's his system. If Walker could get better at running the pick and roll, he'd get some wide open dunks and layups (which he does on occasion), but he'll never be a traditional center like Patric Young was. I wish Billy would let him work more as a stretch 4 where he could put the ball on the floor from a little further out and work towards the basket, but he obviously doesn't want Walker in that role.

I don't know about that. He's pretty much a spaz with the ball in his hands. If he can't jump and dunk it, it's a turnover. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n148571 said:
I don't know about that. He's pretty much a spaz with the ball in his hands. If he can't jump and dunk it, it's a turnover. :lol:

Hence why Billy won't let him do it as much. :lol:

But it's weird, he looked like he could handle the ball pretty well in his highlight vids. Granted, he played like 0.5A basketball, but he wasn't that spastic with the ball. He has a great motor, but he's like a Ferrari motor on a bicycle. I think if he dialed it down a bit and got under control, he'd have better results.

Then again, I didn't play organized basketball after 8th grade, so what do I know? :surrender:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Chris walker' s problem isn't a back to the basket thing because it's a turnover when he faces up aswell. He's the screener in alot of sets they run. But you see him in the post for spacing. I can guarantee Billy cringes when they throw it too him. But sasquash is right about the level of competition he played against in highschool. It's a massive leap from 1a basketball in Florida. He probably never played against a division 1 player in his highschool career. Exept aau tourneys.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chris grips the ball too lightly. He doesn't secure it for dominant play in the midst.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I only saw the second half and he still seems to not be in great position on defense and not that great movement on offense. Perhaps he is to hang around on the baseline waiting for an opportunity. He has improved. If we can get everyone healthy and playing together and decently we will have a decent team which is a great accomplishment when four graduated from last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.