Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I won't keep up with all this jumbled stuff.
But am I left with the conclusion that one 18 y.o.rapist-fool does massive damage to the the UF program before he really settles into his freshman year? Could this have been vetted out inspecting Jalon Jone's character ?

Last edited:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Why would CS decide to leave AFTER JJ was already gone. At that point the source of his concern is gone, and he's got the whole dorm room to himself as it's too late in the semester for housing to bother moving someone else in.

Still too many missing pieces to the puzzle.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I won't keep up with all this jumbled stuff.
But am I left with the conclusion that one 18 y.o.rapist-fool does massive damage to the the UF program before he really settles into his freshman year? Could this have been vetted out inspecting Jalon Jone's character ?
This X10.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What should we admit is going on at UF?
We kept a rapist on the team from Apr 6 to May 3 and let him play in the spring game after, so bizzarre, originally suspending him from the game.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would CS decide to leave AFTER JJ was already gone. At that point the source of his concern is gone, and he's got the whole dorm room to himself as it's too late in the semester for housing to bother moving someone else in.

Still too many missing pieces to the puzzle.
Why did he bail on USC? Because he felt the secondary coaching hadn't lived up to HIS expectations. Boom, gone.

College football isn't at all like it was years ago, and the new transfer rules have only added to the sense that the programs are viewed as mere caddies to these kids' NFL aspirations.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could this have been vetted out inspecting Jalon Jone's character ?
Im not aware of any rapist red flags. but he was kicked off his team at one point in high school so yeah they were definitely concerns. this was probably why they put him with Steele to begin with, knowing Steele is a high character guy, think Hernandez rooming with Tebow.

That being said when you're desperate you do desperate things and our recruiting is incredibly desperate.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We kept a rapist on the team from Apr 6 to May 3 and let him play in the spring game after, so bizzarre, originally suspending him from the game.

Do you honestly believe Mullen kept the kid around and let him play in the spring game knowing he had just raped a couple girls? I have a hard time buying that, but if that is in fact the case Mullens ass is about to be gone as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you honestly believe Mullen kept the kid around and let him play in the spring game knowing he had just raped a couple girls? I have a hard time buying that, but if that is in fact the case Mullens ass is about to be gone as well.
No I just stated a fact. Rapes occurred which were reported to the police and university on April 6. JJ played anyway. Those were the facts.

Someone suspended JJ/said JJ was going to be unavailable, then JJ played anyway, surprisingly.

Im sure Mullinz just got a summary of the problem though. He has a lot of things going on his day, no doubt. Whoever made this summary and decided to let JJ play certainly has things to answer for.

There has been no whispers that we tried to bury this or get the girls to be quiet.

But the reality is we lost our star defensive recruit and our star offensive recruit from this last class out of this. There is no denying it sets back the program and doesn't help future recruiting at all.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both women declined to press charges after speaking to police later on the morning of the alleged assaults. Three days later, on April 9, one or both cases was referred to the office of student conduct and conflict resolution, according to the Tampa Bay Times a "notoriously confidential" process.

Four days later, Jones suited up for the O&B Game.

A UF spokesman maintained that the university adhered to its athletic department and campus protocols.

Lots of fuzzy bullet points.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OK, you're just too reasonable to stay mad at. I'm clearly not used to such gentlemanly discourse with a Cane. This has been a day of paradigm shifts to say the least. Peace out.

Well be prepared for more paradigm shifting. There is nothing gentlemanly about Daytonacane, because SHE is a 70+ year old woman!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my take - looks bad, just does. Whether you think the additional defection of steele is him being a candyass or a response to being ignored when alerting the staff to legitimate personnel concerns from someone he was assigned to room with, it still looks bad. I don't know any more than what has been published publicly, but based on that information this would be my thought process if this happened to me as an 18 year old:

"I told the coaches this kid has some issues and I dont want to be around him. The response I got was, well we can try to move you to a different dorm but it will have to be a few months down the road. A few weeks later he assaults some girl (or possibly girls) in the apartment while I'm present. Info goes public and my name keeps getting brought up with the situation, rumors flying by crazies that I may have even been complicit in the act or looking for some tag team action. This pisses me off to no end. I told the damn staff that he had issues and I didnt want to be around him. They didnt do jack and now not only did what I fear happen, but my name is getting roped into it. Ya know what, f these guys. Im out."

Based on the facts we know so far, the above is a likely scenario, and if it is the correct one, Id be leaving as well. If you go to your coaches and alert them to a potentially serious issue, request to be removed from the situation, and they do nothing, then the concern becomes a reality and you get associated with it? I'd be livid with those individuals and sure as hell would never trust them again, so why would I stay on a team with a staff that I cant trust?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my take - looks bad, just does. Whether you think the additional defection of steele is him being a candyass or a response to being ignored when alerting the staff to legitimate personnel concerns from someone he was assigned to room with, it still looks bad. I don't know any more than what has been published publicly, but based on that information this would be my thought process if this happened to me as an 18 year old:

"I told the coaches this kid has some issues and I dont want to be around him. The response I got was, well we can try to move you to a different dorm but it will have to be a few months down the road. A few weeks later he assaults some girl (or possibly girls) in the apartment while I'm present. Info goes public and my name keeps getting brought up with the situation, rumors flying by crazies that I may have even been complicit in the act or looking for some tag team action. This pisses me off to no end. I told the damn staff that he had issues and I didnt want to be around him. They didnt do jack and now not only did what I fear happen, but my name is getting roped into it. Ya know what, f these guys. Im out."

Based on the facts we know so far, the above is a likely scenario, and if it is the correct one, Id be leaving as well. If you go to your coaches and alert them to a potentially serious issue, request to be removed from the situation, and they do nothing, then the concern becomes a reality and you get associated with it? I'd be livid with those individuals and sure as hell would never trust them again, so why would I stay on a team with a staff that I can trust?
THIS, all of this.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Could just be the opportunity to get him back to cali, and a win/win for the mom that has been desperately trying to get him back home

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could just be the opportunity to get him back to cali, and a win/win for the mom that has been desperately trying to get him back home
It's seldom one thing. It's usually a lot of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator