Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[video]http://wn.com/kerwin_bell[/video]

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was at that game, it was the first date with my wife of 27yrs. One of my all time greatest memories of Gator football...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was there with my Dad. Wasn't the first game I attended, but it's one of the first I remember. We were on the side where Kerwin ran it in. If not the best game ever played at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, its top 3.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That Fullwood was a load; nobody thought UF would win that game. Kerwin did that on his own; the play was a pass into the end zone. Nobody open, so Ole Gimpie just chugged it in himself. I was sitting in our seats at the 35 yard line row 20, about to piss in my pants when Auburn tried that field goal..

Anyubody else notice how similar the pass offense was for both teams? Carbon copy...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am glad we went for the 2 and the win against always play for the tie Dye.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't born yet, but none the less I appreciate the foundation games like this have laid for our program!

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you listen closely at the 14:05 mark, the secondary announcer gives an, "OHHH, MYYY!" Could it be that Mick's trademark might actually be a copycat??!!

:eek:hnoes2:

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
It's the original.... :headslap:
And I'm assuming that those were Gator announcers for a regional broadcast of the game. At the time, Mick worked for Dayton.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bow to your knowledge.... That sounds like Mick but your info is correct, a conspiracy ?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n15843 said:
If you listen closely at the 14:05 mark, the secondary announcer gives an, "OHHH, MYYY!" Could it be that Mick's trademark might actually be a copycat??!!

:eek:hnoes2:

After doing some research, I found that Mick "is quick to admit he stole the phrase from NBC's Dick Enberg." Dick actually stole it from a guy from back in the 40's.

http://books.google.com/books?id=AaVuAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA56&lpg=PA56&dq=mick+hubert+dayton&source=bl&ots=0sqB4Vpfgh&sig=JlCO8x8E1BEHjTQuM-J53jo97xg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vjDKU-eXG4yjyATqq4KQAw&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=mick%20hubert%20dayton&f=false

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will never forget that game, comeback, and the gutsy performance by Bell.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, that was a tape-delay broadcast on Sunday. UF was on probation then, so that game was not broadcast live on Saturday. Note the simple graphics and local announcers. That announcer saying, "Oh my," was former Gator Great tight end Jim Yarbrough.

Yes, long before Mick Hubert...

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One of the wildest finishes I ever saw at "The Swamp". I have that game on a DVD now that I created from my VHS tape of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.