Warning: Political Takes Cleveland to drop Indians nickname after 105 years; considering the Cleveland "Woke"

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VAG will be sad to hear this but the name Crackers was already taken
atlanta%20southern%20league%20team_002.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The funny part is people are gonna want to buy all the Indian stuff and it’ll be a “throwback”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
FSU is next.

I think what separates teams like the noles is that they can get the blessing from that specific group, which they did a few years back. If I am of the Sioux tribe, I love the idea of a team being called the fighting Sioux, especially if they’re good. Not saying I agree with it, but I think the general terms are the ones that are, and have been, more at risk.

And as I’ve said, I am still shocked that the Redskins made it all the way to 2020. I think the whole thing is fairly ridiculous, but it seems like that one would’ve been the first to go. And maybe they’re on to something. They drop their name and now sit atop what’s shaping up to be a terrific division.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In high school I was on an intramural basketball team called "CC", which was short for Caucasian Connection. Our shortest guy was 6'2" and we went undefeated two years running. In both years, we faced all-black teams for the title. In the second year, the opposing team was so upset in the closing minutes of that loss that they started doing super-hard fouls, and the game was almost called early as a result. Then after the final buzzer, we had to get out of the gym fairly quickly before an all-out brawl happened. It was awesome. Wonderful memories. Whites are not supposed to be good at basketball so this was especially fun.

We wouldn't be able to do that today. All-white teams are not allowed at this point, in any sport. We would have been forced to take a Chinese kid or something.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think what separates teams like the noles is that they can get the blessing from that specific group, which they did a few years back. If I am of the Sioux tribe, I love the idea of a team being called the fighting Sioux, especially if they’re good. Not saying I agree with it, but I think the general terms are the ones that are, and have been, more at risk.

And as I’ve said, I am still shocked that the Redskins made it all the way to 2020. I think the whole thing is fairly ridiculous, but it seems like that one would’ve been the first to go. And maybe they’re on to something. They drop their name and now sit atop what’s shaping up to be a terrific division.
By "get the blessing," you mean "PAY for the blessing." Wouldn't surprise me if the $emi$ use FL tax dollars to secure their annual "blessing."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
By "get the blessing," you mean "PAY for the blessing." Wouldn't surprise me if the $emi$ use FL tax dollars to secure their annual "blessing."

It's definitely possible.

In any event, I'm going to use this opportunity to throw out one of my favorite quotes(paraphrased) from an old board poster, zzgator. "If by unconquered, you mean retreating into a tiny, swampy area of the state where no one cares to keep chasing you, then yes, you're unconquered.":lol:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who's gonna tell Michigan State?

iu

Or Notre Dame?
iu

So, is "Demon Deacon" offensive to Christians generally, or specifically to a particular denomination?

iu

Is it still problematic even if most people have no idea who you are?
iu

If you're gay, are you more offended by the Virginia Cavaliers or by Bucko Bruce?
iu

iu

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In high school I was on an intramural basketball team called "CC", which was short for Caucasian Connection. Our shortest guy was 6'2" and we went undefeated two years running. In both years, we faced all-black teams for the title. In the second year, the opposing team was so upset in the closing minutes of that loss that they started doing super-hard fouls, and the game was almost called early as a result. Then after the final buzzer, we had to get out of the gym fairly quickly before an all-out brawl happened. It was awesome. Wonderful memories. Whites are not supposed to be good at basketball so this was especially fun.

We wouldn't be able to do that today. All-white teams are not allowed at this point, in any sport. We would have been forced to take a Chinese kid or something.

Did you wear matching white robes and hoods for your “uniform”?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.