Coach Mac on Harbaugh

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read it as Foley doesn't like to spend money. I mean no one's been saying that at all.

Of course you look at it that way and of course that's the direction you choose to take on this whole issue.

Color me shocked...but not really...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oh looky - the resident rainbow warriors would never admit Foley's a cheap ass if he tried to rip them off personally.

It was an odd comment and totally unnecessary. Color me shocked it was lost on you pumpers.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Oh looky - the resident rainbow warriors would never admit Foley's a cheap ass if he tried to rip them off personally.

It was an odd comment and totally unnecessary. Color me shocked it was lost on you pumpers.
We all know Foley let things fall behind and he is about as tight as it comes with spending. Nobody is arguing that. There have been several really large projects built and/or in the works recently. Mac has been very outspoken about what he thinks would benefit the football team from his opening press conference. Can he not speak about what they don't need in the same way? He isn't going to ask to spend a ton of money on something we don't need to spend it on. Most call that a responsible coach, others call it a cheap AD.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't see what the big deal is.

I believe that if we have good recruiters on our staff (notice I said if) then it should be very easy to turn this around.
"Michigan comes to Florida for one week to enjoy what you have here year round."

I agree. Remind these kids that where they come for a week and go right back. It would more be like, "I love it down here, shoulda come to play here." Now go back and enjoy the cold and snow.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We all know Foley let things fall behind and he is about as tight as it comes with spending. Nobody is arguing that. There have been several really large projects built and/or in the works recently. Mac has been very outspoken about what he thinks would benefit the football team from his opening press conference. Can he not speak about what they don't need in the same way? He isn't going to ask to spend a ton of money on something we don't need to spend it on. Most call that a responsible coach, others call it a cheap AD.

Unfortunately. he didn't say...we don't need to go anywhere. We're already in FL, the best state in the Union.

Instead, he said...I would never ask because our administration would HATE to see the numbers.

Sorry but that TWO massively different statements.

Take it however you want. The pumpers will always see what they want..

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately. he didn't say...we don't need to go anywhere. We're already in FL, the best state in the Union.

Instead, he said...I would never ask because our administration would HATE to see the numbers.

And the suicide watch brigade will take every opportunity to spin it into a negative.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And the suicide watch brigade will take every opportunity to spin it into a negative.

Hey, as long as baseball, lacrosse, softball, track and gymnastics and killing it. Who cares about football and basketball? Get with the all-sports trophy bandwagon pal!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, as long as baseball, lacrosse, softball, track and gymnastics and killing it. Who cares about football and basketball? Get with the all-sports trophy bandwagon pal!
Jump!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014

You started this thread by asking how this wasn't a topic on here. Outside of our conversation there have been very few comments on Foley, and zero in your favor. I'm not saying I am right and you are wrong, but if nobody else took it the way you did then perhaps you are looking into it too much? If nothing else it answers why there wasn't a thread on it :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Jump? Suicide? What are you babbling about? Why would I do that? The most important part of Gator athletics is in full swing right now. Screw the fall. It's all about now!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You started this thread by asking how this wasn't a topic on here. Outside of our conversation there have been very few comments on Foley, and zero in your favor. I'm not saying I am right and you are wrong, but if nobody else took it the way you did then perhaps you are looking into it too much? If nothing else it answers why there wasn't a thread on it :lol:

Maybe because the pumpers would rather excuse it away just like they do with everything else.

Anyway, who cares about football? This is Foley's time. This is when we get our all-sports trophy.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Maybe because the pumpers would rather excuse it away just like they do with everything else.

Anyway, who cares about football? This is Foley's time. This is when we get our all-sports trophy.
I hope post number 13 of this thread is making a little more sense to you now. Everyone that spends any amount of time on here obviously cares about Florida football and wants a win every week. Losses fricking suck and some really poor choices have been made by Foley. There is not a person on here that could deny that. Nobody has forgotten or completely forgiven him yet. There is doubt and some varying degree of skepticism on his past two hires.

I don't know if I speak for everyone else but life is stressful enough for my liking, and the significance of analyzing what Mac said about Foley in a press conference about Michigan to the point of stressing about it and then getting on here and starting a thread to bash Foley is something that my blood pressure tells my brain it's not worth it and to let it go. (Massive run-on for effect btw). You can label me a pumper or whatever, I would too. I try to stay neutral and not over-react, but I'd rather dwell on a win than a loss (we did win 10 games in football this year you know).

I'm not telling you to change or even asking you to. Balance is always good, whether it be pumpers vs gloomers on the board or one's mood/views. You should give it a shot.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope post number 13 of this thread is making a little more sense to you now. Everyone that spends any amount of time on here obviously cares about Florida football and wants a win every week. Losses fricking suck and some really poor choices have been made by Foley. There is not a person on here that could deny that. Nobody has forgotten or completely forgiven him yet. There is doubt and some varying degree of skepticism on his past two hires.

I don't know if I speak for everyone else but life is stressful enough for my liking, and the significance of analyzing what Mac said about Foley in a press conference about Michigan to the point of stressing about it and then getting on here and starting a thread to bash Foley is something that my blood pressure tells my brain it's not worth it and to let it go. (Massive run-on for effect btw). You can label me a pumper or whatever, I would too. I try to stay neutral and not over-react, but I'd rather dwell on a win than a loss (we did win 10 games in football this year you know).

I'm not telling you to change or even asking you to. Balance is always good, whether it be pumpers vs gloomers on the board or one's mood/views. You should give it a shot.

Feel free NOT to post in said thread then. Cool?

BTW, that's all I heard during Muschamp's 11 win season was that he was the next Meyer. It's the pumper way. Push their agenda without looking at underlying factors. TEN WINS!!! WHoo-hoo. Bowl games don't count unless we win them. 1-4 vs ranked teams. FSU is straight up OJ Simpsoning us on and off the field.

But hey we won the all-aports trophy. I'm getting t shirts made that say that on them....who wants one?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
960fd562fa8f5431806893b670325e0c.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... isn't that moderation Ray ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Oh looky... The resident tool bag literally making something out of nothing.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Angry-Guys-Mug.jpg

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TEN WINS!!! WHoo-hoo. Bowl games don't count unless we win them. 1-4 vs ranked teams. FSU is straight up OJ Simpsoning us on and off the field.
Was there something that happened before last season to make you believe we would be better in 2015? If so, then you are delusional.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Any string of first ten wins will be erased by finishing with 4 straight loses, especially
a showing that says you're unworthy of being on the same field as your chosen
matchup. It's universal human nature to elevate how you wind up in performance
to "the deciding evaluation". Only way to erase that is to "strong-arm" 2016's opponents
and to finish strong in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator