Coach Mac, the cut-up, holds court with the media

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Keeping things nice and loose for a 5-0 team finding its way up the ladder. Love it.

McElwain on trainers applying ointment to Will Grier’s back during practice:

“Uh, I guess maybe they got tired of rubbing his belly. I tell you what, that’s an observation. I didn’t know that. I know he practiced. Maybe, I don’t know, maybe he got tired of getting his belly being rubbed, so they went to his back, I guess. Boy I tell you what that’s an observation. I didn’t know that. I’m sure he’s practiced. So maybe it just I don’t know got tired of getting his belly rubbed so they went to his back I guess.”

McElwain on his team’s nutrition, unlimited meals:
“Our administration has done an outstanding job of not limiting us, but again we’re not steak and lobster every night or whatever by any stretch of the imagination. And with that, the guys come up to the office and I actually make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they’re up there. I teach them to get it right to the edge like my mother used to do. My mom took pride in buttering toast that got all the way to the edges and same thing with the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You focus on making sure that you get it all the way to the crust. Then of course I did that and Antonio Callaway doesn’t like crust, so I had to cut the crust off.”

https://editorsdesk.blogs.gatorsports...ctice-presser/

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You'll get nothing and like it!
you-ll-get-nothing-and-like-it-o.gif

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Practice must have gone well for him to be that loose.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
He plays the press like a fiddle. Much more adroit than Chump's bully act.

SOS did it well too, but Mac's approach is different. He puts a quirkier face on his routine. SOS used them as a platform for sarcasm that got under opponents' skin.

But it's all calculated. A front. Go watch the Ole Miss Rewind Vid and listen to his pre-game and halftime missives to the team to see his game face.

He is a relentless competitor. And he doesn't want opponents to have any idea what kind of trouble they're in.

Hence, he clowns while he gets ready to clobber them.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I've never seen anyone say so much yet say so little to the press like Mac does. But at least he's entertaining when he does it, bringing up one hit wonders, PB&J sandwiches, his dog, and the state of Montana into the conversations. :lol:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
McElwain on Uncrustables:
“Here’s the good thing about Uncrustables. I’m a total believer in this and the nutrition gals get on me about this: I’m a firm believer in the longer the shelf life, the better it’s going to taste. I don’t think Uncrustables have shelf life, so that makes a heck of a sandwich. Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, that’s sustainable foods. I like that.”

:lmao:

Mizzou is dead meat.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n293312 said:
Yeah I've never seen anyone say so much yet say so little to the press like Mac does. But at least he's entertaining when he does it, bringing up one hit wonders, PB&J sandwiches, his dog, and the state of Montana into the conversations. :lol:

"You're like injury guy Part II. You know there've been some really bad sequels out there. Just thought I'd throw that our there."

His stream of consciousness schtick is pure gold. It serves to deflect and deflate all their efforts at prying and also suggests a sharp mind. Smart azz in this case = smart dude. Similar in that respect to SOS. Total 180 from you know who.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're damn right you better cut that crust off. That boy's gonna win us a championship one day.
:chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty funny how he deflects the questions with humor.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n293300 said:
Nothing beats a good PB&J.

A real treat for me growing up was getting some of my grandmother's homemade guava jelly on one instead of the usual grape fare. A real treat. Now, you can't even find a guava bush in Pinellas County anywhere...a damned shame.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015

But seriously, Mac is the man and is obviously the polar opposite of Chimp in every way.

Attachments

• conv_4852.jpg
    conv_4852.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 8

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;293353 said:
A real treat for me growing up was getting some of my grandmother's homemade guava jelly on one instead of the usual grape fare. A real treat. Now, you can't even find a guava bush in Pinellas County anywhere...a damned shame.

Remembering the smell of guava cooking still makes me throw up in my mouth.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
gardnerwebbgator;n293353 said:

my mother in law sent us some home made guava jelly from Central America. The freakin' Bomb!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n293357 said:
Remembering the smell of guava cooking still makes me throw up in my mouth.

Yeah, they aren't the best smelling fruit, but damned tasty. Smelled similar to if you drove by a factory where orange juice was made....bad.

La Segunda Central Bakery in Ybor City still makes a dandy guava pastry to die for, the Mrs. and I try to get there whenever we are down during the year.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n293360 said:
Yeah, they aren't the best smelling fruit, but damned tasty. Smelled similar to if you drove by a factory where orange juice was made....bad.

La Segunda Central Bakery in Ybor City still makes a dandy guava pastry to die for, the Mrs. and I try to get there whenever we are down during the year.

I'm not a fan of guava. Or the smell of oranges cooking. Both make me want to vomit.

I'll just stick with La Segunda's bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love me some Guava Turn-overs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics