Coach Mac's impact on recruiting this current class

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n126768 said:
1st step is securing the big 3 leaning our way.
This is crucial, they are highly rated and in a position of need for us.

I think the best thing going for us is it appears we have a coach that can develop players, something missing the last four years. Land those 3, bring in a few more lesser ability and coach them up, we'll do better than the mess we've been watching,

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When should we expect him to announce his staff? The longer he waits the more it hurts recruiting. I know he wants to "evaluate" the coaches while they coach the bowl practices, but it seems obvious (to anyone w/ a pulse) who should/could possibly be retained (the 4 previously mentioned).

As others have said, doubtful we see a top 20 class....but filling needs is important.

3 LBs
3-5 DL's
29 OL's
3 or more WRs
15 TEs
etc, etc, etc...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would think we'd hear something in a week or two on who is being retained. I really think that if JM retains some we can actually have a pretty good class. But BMF is right we have some serious positions to address. Be loading up on those JuCo's.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about what our class is ranked in this cycle. I just hope we fill our needs. If they add some depth at o line and land cece,cowart and Ivey we'll have some good building blocks

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Some may find it hard to believe, but, we could end up with a top 10 or even a top 5 class. If we land Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey and Holland, all we will need to do is load up on a few solid 4 stars. My greatest concern, beyond recruiting, is keeping some of the young guys from transferring. We have some talented DL, like Holley, Willis and Clark, but, we need to keep them. I was really surprised to hear Muschamp make the comment about kicking Willis off the team, if he were still the coach, after the penalty for roughing up the rapist. Willis has had some issues since arriving at UF, but, he is a very talented player and needs to be mentored. Hopefully, if Durkin and Law Dog are retained they can salvage him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GI, they aren't going anywhere. They aren't going to sit out a year and they aren't don't want to go to 1AA. Graduates are more of a concern but we don't have many of those. They are just 19 yoa frustrated with losing (and getting poor advise if they think they aren't going to have to sit out). Winning fixes everything.

I'm not real concerned about the DEs. We have decent depth there. We are in critical need of OL and LBs. That's really all I care about.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will end up with around 20 recruits and a top 15 class. Book it baby! Go Gators!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n127306 said:
We will end up with around 20 recruits and a top 15 class. Book it baby! Go Gators!!

That would be awesome!! And I think with a hard push by JM this is very much possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator