Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You think he'd leave RB coach for a back office job? It just seems like a step down. Anyone who takes over at UT would be stupid not to keep him.

In my original post I said as long as he does not have a job, and I wonder who fired him that would have been very stupid thing to do before you have a new coach, no less after you have one.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah yeah yeah... RS, Bell, Taggart are the best coaches in the history of forever.
Did you even read what I wrote in context? Bell was hired because of his perceived connections in recruiting. I was agreeing with the OP.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
In my original post I said as long as he does not have a job, and I wonder who fired him that would have been very stupid thing to do before you have a new coach, no less after you have one.
Someone has missed the memo they fired him. I can't believe even the Vols would be that stupid. If he isn't working we need to get him that office job, stat.

UT g.JPG robert g.JPG

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Someone has missed the memo they fired him. I can't believe even the Vols would be that stupid. If he isn't we need to get him that office job, stat.

Not having a job means that he does not get another coaching job. I bet someone would hire him as a coach.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I hope saying bye to RS won't hurt the recruiting too much. But then again, we didn't have any defensive commits anyway.....

Was not a fan of his bend but don't break reactionary defense. It always broke.

I knew he was gone when DM started talking about being aggressive and attacking on D.....

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Not having a job means that he does not get another coaching job. I bet someone would hire him as a coach.
Oh I'm sure they would try. Open up the checkbook and tell him it is time to come home. Make it something like Director of Player Personnel. It's a pipe dream, because I think he did a great job for them.Someone is going to give him a job as RB coach.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
The stuff about the state of the strength and conditioning blows my mind. How could Mac be so mindless?
This is a rhetorical question, right?

@leewdavis17: Excited to start a new journey as the Director of Recruiting Operations at the University of Florida!!! I️ will ALWAYS cherish my time at Mississippi State. It’s a special place with special people! Looking forward to a new chapter in Gainesville! #GoGators

No argument here. #GoGators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That might be a possibility, but based on performance our RB seem to have pretty decent coaching. If he does not have a job later he would be great to have on the "bench".
Id love to see that but Im not sure we are close to that level yet. Id love to have a whole bench full of competent coaches ready to step up and familiar w playbook etc every time we lose someone. Competition at the coaching positions would be nice too.

That is so far removed from where weve been though. We have been hiring asst coaches that Banmer woukdnt even consider for QC jobs

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you even read what I wrote in context? Bell was hired because of his perceived connections in recruiting. I was agreeing with the OP.
I wasnt mocking you, Im mocking Uncle Luke.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did we really just hire a smokin' hot chick to be our recruiting coordinator?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
@leewdavis17: Excited to start a new journey as the Director of Recruiting Operations at the University of Florida!!! I️ will ALWAYS cherish my time at Mississippi State. It’s a special place with special people! Looking forward to a new chapter in Gainesville! #GoGators

Did we really just hire a smokin' hot chick to be our recruiting coordinator?

Monkey-Gasp.gif

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Henry drilled the kick & returned the gesture takes some of the bitterness away though! :lol:
total props to henry on that. I believe he missed a potential game winner the week before in his first game filling in for Sturgis. he was a great punter put in a bad spot and he delivered against uga. gator hero

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: Can confirm #Gators coach Dan Mullen still intends to bring Todd Grantham with him to Gainesville, but the Miss. State DC is in contention for the head coach job.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I hope this means Buckley is coming. Yes, he's a Nole and Mississippi is home so he's likely staying put; but tapping his Super Bowl ring on the sofa arm in front of momma in some Liberty City living room couldn't hurt.

Bell was basically hired because he had deep connections to the SFla scene. I know Luther Campbell was having a meltdown prior to this hire.
And Luther Campbell once tweeted UF would win multiple championships by hiring Lane Kiffin:jerkit:
Luther needs to reunite the 2 Live Crew and stick to vulgar rapping.:thug:

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
@GrahamHall_: Can confirm #Gators coach Dan Mullen still intends to bring Todd Grantham with him to Gainesville, but the Miss. State DC is in contention for the head coach job.

We couldn’t manage to pull that small piece of victory from the jaws of this utter defeat, could we? :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator