Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Exact same dynamic for my step-dad (UGA) and myself. He hates Grantham, and can't believe anyone would actually hire him, much less carry him along for the ride o UF.

as of now, Grantham is still in the "could be hired" column but I guess he'll be coming along now.

not happy. we need someone who will get that D back up to speed quick while the offense tries to get it going. UGA's defenses were sad.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grantham is better than shannon or sidehat. I don't really give a crap that he did the choke sign to chaz henry. It's an upgrade. Maybe not a big one but its still an upgrade. I don't remember Georgia's defenses being this terrible of a tackling team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I don't believe he was forced out at Louisville. Only because Louisville turned around and hired the DC that mullen fired. I thought he did a decent job at Louisville and Starkville.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

Man, this buddy system stuff is what doomed Mac from the get go. Rose colored glasses abound in many professions.

Spurrier looked at the devastation wrought by Nebraska in 95 and made the change to bring in Stoops. The modern era of Florida defense began right there.

If Grantham comes in and we don't turn it on, Mullen should follow SOS's model for making changes when they need to be made in order to freakin' win. Mac didn't. Note his fate.

Muschamp made coaching changes but the overall approach to how the team should play never did. UF's personality on defense made a tectonic shift under Spurrier and Stoops the way special teams did under Meyer.

Dan said he's gonna learn from Spurrier. He can do it and do well, or he can end up like the last two.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
How long was Lee Begley the recruiting director at MSU? They should've been pulling in much better recruiting classes! One of the best decisions I have ever seen from Mullen. If I were the coach, I'd definitely want her on my staff.
One of her main duties would be taking poles?

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
as of now, Grantham is still in the "could be hired" column but I guess he'll be coming along now.

not happy. we need someone who will get that D back up to speed quick while the offense tries to get it going. UGA's defenses were sad.
I saw somewhere the new HC was trying to retain him. If that happens I'd like a fresh face like the dude at TCU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe he was forced out at Louisville. Only because Louisville turned around and hired the DC that mullen fired. I thought he did a decent job at Louisville and Starkville.
He was definitely forced out at Louisville. And the staff was celebrating when he left. He is definitely not well liked by the staff there at least, not that it matters much.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The main problem with Grantham is we don't have 3-4 personnel . Nobody at nose and very light on numbers at linebacker.
If you're looking for a bright spot regarding him he tends to play a lot of press man, and doesn't concede the short easy throws.
In other words he doesn't have a bend don't break defensive mindset which with the right athletes should create turnovers .

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised Shannon wasn't retained in some capacity just for recruiting but at the end of the day, he has the UM schite stain on him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised Shannon wasn't retained in some capacity just for recruiting but at the end of the day, he has the UM schite stain on him.

He didn't seem to help out that much in S FL anyway as far as the big targets went.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grantham is better than shannon or sidehat. I don't really give a crap that he did the choke sign to chaz henry. It's an upgrade. Maybe not a big one but its still an upgrade. I don't remember Georgia's defenses being this terrible of a tackling team.

Yep he really only had the one bad year at Georgia if I remember right. Most of his defenses have been alright while he was a DC.

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Shannon was past his prime, hasn't produced any kind of talent since his early UM days, but dude was a recruiting machine when getting 3* LBs. Mullen kept the right people

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He was definitely forced out at Louisville. And the staff was celebrating when he left. He is definitely not well liked by the staff there at least, not that it matters much.
Yeah they must have hated having top 15 defenses every year he was there. And I’m sure MSU hated going from 110th to 10th in one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator